X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ducter
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2006

cant find t nuts

Really need T bolts for my bt3100 to make some jigs. I know that the T nut site on here was the best source and even had the specific sizes for the saw but ut seems to be gone.

I have tried Lowes, HS and Woodcraft but had no luck.
    Any ideas?
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

These what you are looking for?

Home Depot has them, or used to. I got some there a few years ago.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

recent note about the T-nuts web site and provider.

This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• T-Bone
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2004
        • Helena, MT

I stumbled across a source at HD once. Look in the toilet isle. The bolts that are used to hold down toilets work and they are cheap.

Comment

• Deadhead
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Maidens, Virginia, USA.
          • BT3100

Originally posted by T-Bone
          I stumbled across a source at HD once. Look in the toilet isle. The bolts that are used to hold down toilets work and they are cheap.
          I believe they're called closet bolts.
          "Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)

Comment

• T-Bone
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2004
            • Helena, MT

Thanks for the clarification - I had no idea what to call them. I guess that would be in reference to a "water closet", then? These bolts must have orignated in England.

Comment

• charger1966
              Established Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Amsterdam, New York
              • Shopsmith 10ER (1948),BT3100 New to me January 2007

T bolts

Hello, If you have a Tractor Supply store around, They have a good deal of t bolts at a really good price.
              Lance

Comment

• fredg50
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2005
                • Rockaway, New Jersey, USA.
                • BT3100-1

I found that the standard 5/16 and 1/4 in tee nuts don'y fit this saw. I may be missing something here. The small slot on the blade side of the fence will take a square nut for a 10-32 screw which is a 3/8 wrench size. I bought the Grip Tite magnetic featherboard and was trying to figure out a way to mount the steel fence to the BT rip fence. I mounted it to a piece of MDF and then mounted the MDF to the fence with 10-32 scews and square nuts. It worked out great. If I want to remove it I just loosen the scews an slide it off.
                FRED G

Comment

• WoodButcher26
                  Established Member
                  • Mar 2006
                  • Dayton, OH

I got good results from a home built solution. Found some steel bar stock that would fit the slots (1" in my case) at Lowe's. Took the bar stock, some standard hex nuts, and a some liquid bribe to a buddy's house. He grabbed his welder and attached the nuts about every two inches to the bar stock, then I took it home and cut them apart. Much easier to weld before the bar is cut into pieces.

This way, too, you can put different size nuts on the bar stock--not limited to whatever you can find that will fit the slot.

Kim
                  Measure it with a micrometer...
                  Mark it with a crayon...
                  Cut it with a chain saw!

Wood Butcher

Comment

• bigfoot
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Sep 2006

The head on a 10mm bolt fits perfectly in the left rip fence slot and the miter fence slot. I wish I had something that would fit the top slots and the RIGHT rip fence slot, which for some stupid reason is a different size than the left?!?!
                    The voices made me do it.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Independence, MO, USA.
                      • bt3100

Mcmaster Carr, is another option.

Unfortunately for me, there are TOOOOOOOOOOOOO many names for these things (considering the various styles). I looked for a while, before I found some of the ones I was looking for, listed as "extrusion nuts".
                      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...