X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saminhillsboro
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2006

Advice re: mobile base for BT3100

I recently bought a BT3100 and was thinking about putting in on a mobile base. Does anyone have any advice about that? I've seen the Herculift at HD and Sears has something. Making one seems not-unreasonable, but it's probably worth it to me just to buy it.

Thanks,
    Sam
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Saminhillsboro
    I recently bought a BT3100 and was thinking about putting in on a mobile base. Does anyone have any advice about that? I've seen the Herculift at HD and Sears has something. Making one seems not-unreasonable, but it's probably worth it to me just to buy it.

Thanks,
    Sam
    I have three tools (BT3000, bandsaw, and jointer) on HTC2000 mobile bases. Catch them on sale at
    Amazon for $40-something. They are also available at Woodcraft and sometimes Sears with store labelling.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JR
      The Full Monte
      • Feb 2004
      • Eugene, OR
      • BT3000

I chose to build my mobile bases using this Wood Magazine design:

It was not cheaper than the HTC or Rockler bases, but it offered some satisfaction in building a nice project.

JR
      JR

Comment

• Warren
        Established Member
        • Jan 2003
        • Anchorage, Ak
        • BT3000

The BT is the ONE tool that I do not have on a mobile base. I found a place for it and basically centered the shop around it. I did set up the casters on the base and can move it when absolutely required. I did this simply because it's one tool that can be complicated to "dial in" and I wanted it undisturbed as much as possible as I have a long table on it and an outfeed table.

Some of the mobile bases, with storage, that a few of members have designed, certainly remove that consideration as the saw is not really disturbed when the unit is moved around. I'm the one that's seriously disturbed. I'm thinking of making a cabinet style base as my summer project.
        A man without a shillelagh, is a man without an expidient.

Comment

• Saminhillsboro
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2006

Thanks Loring, JR and Warren.

Comment

• eezlock
            • Feb 2006
            • Charlotte,N.C.
            • BT3100

mobile base

Might want to check this one out from Sears ....the 22303 universal mobile base. I bought one shortly after buying the Bt3100 saw. You have to stretch it all the way out( maximum opening on all sides) and it will work. I had to tap the legs in lightly with a rubber mallet till it dropped all way down into corners.
            A nice tight fit...it works good for me! eezlock

Comment

• Greg in Maryland
              Established Member
              • Nov 2006
              • Montgomery Village, Maryland
              • BT3100

Originally posted by JR
              I chose to build my mobile bases using this Wood Magazine design:

It was not cheaper than the HTC or Rockler bases, but it offered some satisfaction in building a nice project.

JR

JR

What issue of Wood Magazine? This looks like something I would like to try to undertake.

Thanks.

Greg

Comment

Working...