• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HarmsWay
    • Nov 2003
    • Victoria, BC
    • BT3000

Source for BT3 mitre slots in Canada?

Does anyone still sell these things in Canada? I had good intentions of making my own, but four years later it still hasn't happened.

Bob
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

You might check out ebay. There are a number of them for sale there. The seller, Komatoast, is a member here and has a good reputation.

JR
    JR

Comment

• HarmsWay
      • Nov 2003
      • Victoria, BC
      • BT3000

Thanks JR, I'd prefer a non-ebay Canadian source.

Bob

Comment

• Turaj
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
        • BT3000 (1998)

Bob, have you tried Sears Canada. At one point they had that as an accessory for their own version. I got the part number and the price but never ordered it. I'll see if I can find it again and will post it for you.
        Turaj (in Toronto)
        "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• HarmsWay
          • Nov 2003
          • Victoria, BC
          • BT3000

Thanks Turaj, that would be great if you've got a number handy. I can't seem to find anything useful through sear.ca I bought my extra rails through Sears but that was back when they had better tool help in the stores. Does Home Depot still bring in accessories? I guess I could phone them as well.

Bob

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

HW, have you ever thought that, if you didn't need one in four years, do you really need one now?
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• HarmsWay
              • Nov 2003
              • Victoria, BC
              • BT3000

Uh... nope, never thought that. On the contrary, I've thought many times that I do need one (or two) and lately I don't have the time to build the stuff I want to let alone the time to build "tools" like this that I could just buy (in the past anyway).

I have a renewed interest in the mitre slots because I'm planning a change to my mobile cabinet that means I'll have a gap between the existing extended top and the saw. I'll have to fill it with something - may as well be a mitre slot. Make it one for each side. I can think of a few good uses for them.

Bob
              Last edited by HarmsWay; 12-04-2006, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Turaj
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
                • BT3000 (1998)

Sorry Bob, but I cannot find the number

On that subject, however, I have never used Sears (Canada) web site!! I have found it much more helpfull to send a note to their parts department at partsonline@email.sears.ca

You need to explain to them what you are looking for (I have used part and diagram numbers from BT3) and ask them to look it up for you. It may take a few days and couple of tries but it has work in the past. And as you know, no shipping cost to the store near you!

The other option could be "Barrett Marketing" in NS (or is it NB). I ordered an item from them 2 years ago. The service was fast but rather expensive!! Their number is (was?) 1-800-561-0004.

Hope this helps
                Turaj (in Toronto)
                "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• Salty
                  • Feb 2006
                  • Akron, Ohio

I don't know if this source is still good. I have not bought anything from here, I just had found this some time ago..

http://m-and-d.com/RAC-4060310.html
                  Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2005
                    • Independence, MO, USA.
                    • bt3100

Here in the states, Sears dropped the dual slot miter table, just before coming out with the new BT. I bought a couple on closeout the day the set up the new saw.
                    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• knimac
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jun 2005
                      • Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
                      • BT3100-1

Mitre Slots in Canada

HarmsWay, if you call the Ryobi Parts number (1-866-571-8009) you get to Ordertree. Their voice message suggests that if calling from Canada, push 1 I think. You end up with a firm in New Brunswick (whose name I don't have in front of me, but I got a new power switch from them in two days) Anyway I called them this morning, and was told to get the Mitre table you had to call Power Source (also in Canada) at 1-800-663-9700. Good luck.

Comment

• HarmsWay
                        • Nov 2003
                        • Victoria, BC
                        • BT3000

Thanks to everyone for the phone numbers, etc. I'll check them out. Interesting bit of a run-around Knimac. Ryobi to OrderTree to ??? to Power Source. Incidently Power Source (Oakville, Ontario) also has a website but they don't mention anything about Ryobi. Maybe its a new line for them.

Bob

Comment

• eezlock
                          • Feb 2006
                          • Charlotte,N.C.
                          • BT3100

Bt3 miter slots........

I saw a picture of another members set up here while back...looks as if he
                          bought either miter track or t- track and installed it beside the main saw table
                          and it must work really good. A good source for it and I have bought both from Klingspor woodworking, also Rockler has it and I think Woodcraft
                          has it too. If you get the T-track and a Incra v-27 miter gauge, you can
                          use the gauge with either configuration when you set it up! I like my V-27
                          and would not be without it on my Bt3100. eezlock

Comment

• HarmsWay
                            • Nov 2003
                            • Victoria, BC
                            • BT3000

eezlock, do you have photos of your setup? What does the V-27 give you that the sliding table doesn't?

Bob

Comment

• sean57
                              Handtools only
                              • Jan 2003
                              • Powell River, BC, Canada.
                              • BT3000 + BT3100(in pieces)

Sears part no. 09 315644443000 - Accessory table - It's black, about 10" wide, and has dual miter slots, and will fit on the BT3000.

Comment

Working...