• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • linear
    • May 2004
    • DeSoto, KS, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

minor rip fence issue

I looked for this in the FAQ, but didn't see it covered.

I am getting a little bit of a catch when the workpiece contacts the back end of my rip fence. The black plastic end is sitting a couple thousandths proud of the face of the fence, and anything with a sharp corner seems like it catches, which gives me a little burn, and a possible safety issue.

It seems like filing or sanding that piece down would solve it with not too much of a headache, but is there a good reason not to?
    --Rob

sigpic
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

You are on the same track that others have used when this has been an issue in the past. You may also be able to just loosen the screw on the bottom of the fence and just move the piece over.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Black wallnut
      ... You may also be able to just loosen the screw on the bottom of the fence and just move the piece over.
      i think that's the right answer.

it's not in the FAQ, hasn't been that frequently asked but maybe this is the second time I've heard it asked... is 2 times frequent?
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• RayintheUK
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by linear
        It seems like filing or sanding that piece down would solve it with not too much of a headache, but is there a good reason not to?
        In case you can't move the plastic over a little, or if you can and it is then proud on the other side (don't forget about bevel-ripping on the other side of the blade!), then, to answer your question, there is no good reason not to file or sand it down.

Ray.
        Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• linear
          • May 2004
          • DeSoto, KS, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks Ray, I couldn't see a good reason not to, but I figured getting the consensus would be prudent before proceeding.
          --Rob

sigpic

Comment

Working...