• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordcs
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006

BT3000 Blade Alignment

Hello,
    After replacing the belts on my BT3100, I noticed that the blade does not go all the way vertical. It is tilted slightly less than 90 degrees. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Fordcs
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by fordcs
    Hello,
    After replacing the belts on my BT3100, I noticed that the blade does not go all the way vertical. It is tilted slightly less than 90 degrees. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Fordcs
    make sure you use a known good 90 degree reference to check the
    blade when you fix it. Some people say the 90 degree plastic drafting triangles you can get cheaply at most art supply stores are reliably 90°.
    If you use a combination square or engineer's square the method to check it is to get a board with a stright edge, use the square to draw a cross line, then flip the gauge over and do the same, the lines should be exactly parallel (and coincident if you draw them in the same place, which helps)
    and will be slightly divergent if they are not perfectly 90°.

The fix is to adjust the 90 and 45 degree stops - I haven't messed with mine forever but I recall that they are at the ends of the arc opening on the front of the saw, inside.

You need to take the side off the saw to get at them effectively.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• RayintheUK
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2003
      • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by fordcs
      It is tilted slightly less than 90 degrees. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
      The 90 degree stop is the worst of the two to access through the left-hand side (viewed from the front). If you can remove the right-hand side, it will be an altogether easier task. There is a locknut on the bolt which, on my saw, is a different size to the head of the bolt itself. To increase the angle, back the stop bolt out (turn it anti-clockwise).

Before bringing a wrench into play, I'd have a look for obstructions, cable in the way, etc. because replacement of belts shouldn't have affected the stop in any way.

Ray.
      Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• cgallery
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Milwaukee, WI
        • BT3K

I suggest using a square to set 90 and 45-degrees. Or one of the digital gauges. And back the stops on the saw off so you can adjust from about 43 to 92-degrees. Sometimes it is nice to be able to exceed 45 and 90-degrees a little.

Comment

Working...