• Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyLisa
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2005
    • Pensacola, Florida
    • Sears Craftsman # 21829

Rip fence problem

I have noticed that when I lock my rip fence the rear of the fence pulls in toward the blade. When measured to the blade, the fence is parallel when unlocked, but pulls about 1/16 inch off when locked in place.

The saw's instructions say to check and adjust the fence to make it parallel to the blade with the locking handle raised, but nothing about an adjustment to eliminate the problem I'm having. I've tried tightening and loosening the rear clamp screw (to the point of taking it all the way out), but this hasn't kept the fence from shifting at the rear. I wasn't sure if the adjustable blocks on either side of the clamp on the underside of the front of the fence would have any effect on this, so I decided to ask the forum before I made the situation worse.

Can anyone tell me if this has been covered before, or what to do about it?

Thanks,
    John
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by JohnnyLisa
    I have noticed that when I lock my rip fence the rear of the fence pulls in toward the blade. When measured to the blade, the fence is parallel when unlocked, but pulls about 1/16 inch off when locked in place.

The saw's instructions say to check and adjust the fence to make it parallel to the blade with the locking handle raised, but nothing about an adjustment to eliminate the problem I'm having. I've tried tightening and loosening the rear clamp screw (to the point of taking it all the way out), but this hasn't kept the fence from shifting at the rear. I wasn't sure if the adjustable blocks on either side of the clamp on the underside of the front of the fence would have any effect on this, so I decided to ask the forum before I made the situation worse.

Can anyone tell me if this has been covered before, or what to do about it?

Thanks,
    John
    read the FAQ on how the rip fence works, it might be normal.
    The link to the BT3 FAQ is below, under my sig line.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...