• Show
Clear All
  • movnup
    Established Member
    • Aug 2006
    • Seattle
    • BT3000

BT3 Miter / Rip Fence Clamps

Has anyone seen or know where to get the OEM clamp or one that will work I've seen pitured for the SMT??? I looked on the Ryobi parts page but it's not listed. I have also seen clamps for the rip fence that you can use t-nuts on but don't know where to find this either. I bought a bargian saw for $80 bucks and have $40 so far fixing it up but it appears some of the accessory pieces were misssing.

Thanks,
    Jim Z.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by movnup
    Has anyone seen or know where to get the OEM clamp or one that will work I've seen pitured for the SMT??? I looked on the Ryobi parts page but it's not listed. I have also seen clamps for the rip fence that you can use t-nuts on but don't know where to find this either. I bought a bargian saw for $80 bucks and have $40 so far fixing it up but it appears some of the accessory pieces were misssing.

Thanks,
    Jim Z.

Its called the miter clamp - was available separately and as part of the accessory kit.
    See my BT3 FAQ for more info. Linked below by sig line...
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Popeye
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • Woodbine, Ga
      • Grizzly 1023SL

Originally posted by movnup

Thanks,
      Jim Z.
      I've got one, make me a reasonable offer, (won't take much) plus shipping and it's yours. I have some other misc parts laying around too, ccessory table inserts etc. PM me. Pat
      Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• movnup
        Established Member
        • Aug 2006
        • Seattle
        • BT3000

Hi Popeye,

I apologize about the delay in getting back ... we were refinancing the house, working on my multi level deck project, my little girls b-day party, etc.

Anyways I was doing some research and the clamp was to be used for a featherboard off the SMT. I thought with my Irwin quick clamps that they would do the same thing but I would like your opinion as I'm a newbie to the saw, read a ton on this site, looked at how other people were making thier various jigs, and would like to use it correctly / safely. You can contact me at jim@z-lane.com

Comment

• gimpy
          Established Member
          • Nov 2004
          • Flagstaff, AZ.
          • BT3100

Jim, if you have the bt 3100 manual, they have a diy featherboard that you can make in it. I have made one and find that it works very well. I attach it to the smt by using the bolt that is used for the smt fence. I then have a small 3 inch c-clamp that I use to clamp down the back end of the featherboard to the left edge of the smt to give it extra support. Works fine for me, I think.

Frank
          Frank, "Still the one"

Comment

• movnup
            Established Member
            • Aug 2006
            • Seattle
            • BT3000

Frank,

I bought the BT3000 so I don't have that page ... do they have a PDF of the manual on this site??? Also was there any use for a clamp on the rip fence itself ??? In all the jigs I saw they weren't clamping them down, it looked like bolts going to t-nuts on the top from the pictures I looked at ... I'm just trying to get it set up right !!!

Comment

• gimpy
              Established Member
              • Nov 2004
              • Flagstaff, AZ.
              • BT3100

Jim, I may have (probably did) misread your question and confused you on my featherboard/use. The featherboard I made and use is used (by me, anyway) for ripping. I'm not sure if that was what you were inquiring about or not. I remove the smt fence and replace it with the featherboard as I said in my other post.

I used a scrap piece of 1X4 pine. I forget how long it is, seems like 17 or 18 inches. One half of one end is mitered at 30* (half the width) and the other half is mitered at 45*, so the end of the board is "v" shaped with one side of the "feathers" at 30* and the other half side at 45*. Then using the saw, I cut 1/8 inch (I think) feathers about 9, 10 or 11 inches long, I think.

I then drilled 3 separate 5/16 holes (or whatever the smt fence bolt size is) down a line in the middle of the featherboard behind the feathers (right word?) 3 or 4 inches apart. (I'm sorry, I'm doing all of this by memory/guessing). The bolt goes through one of these holes and its head goes into the provided slot on the smt (just as the smt fence is connected to it). You can then slide/adjust the featherboard via moving the smt right up to the saw blade. The smt must be notched down so it does not slide/move at all.

I haven't really gone so far as to make any other jigs to connect to the rip fence, but I think that they do them both ways, drill holes and use t-nuts in the fence (although I don't know for 100% sure). I think that one of the sponsors at the top of the forums page (name escapes me now) sells t-nuts specifically for the bt 3100 accessories? You might check with him or that web site.

Sorry I can't help anymore than this. Sorry for such a long post, especially if it does not really answer what you are asking/needing. Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer than what I did.

Good luck, Frank
              Frank, "Still the one"

Comment

• movnup
                Established Member
                • Aug 2006
                • Seattle
                • BT3000

Thanks, you answered what I was looking for ... I was a little lost in the details but found the BT3100 manual on-line with a picture and instruction of how to build it and it's my next project in the works. I greatly appreciate everyones help !!!!

Comment

Working...