This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayneb

Brand New BT3100 in the box

I was sent to this site by CWS @ the Ryobi forum site.

I have a brand new BT3100 still in the box. Bought it to use in a new planned shop bldg., but that never happened.

I am considering to sell it.

Any interest in this product?

I am in NH and am considering $300 for saw. (I see the Sears version is $449 for a portable version.)

Let me know if anyone has any interest or input on this sale.

Thanks.

Wayne
  • mikeg
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • Milton, VT
    • BT3100

Wayne,

Not to burst your bubble but if you go here http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=23687 you'll see that the HD's that still have BT3100's are selling them for less than that. If your local ones still have any, they'll be underselling you by quite a bit.

mikeg

Comment

• buddyroo
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2006

I bought mine NIB at HD for $175 a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

It would appear that the BT3100s still found at HD are priced to move at
        $239 to $175 (actually saw one at my HD tagged $249) but the number of saws is dwindling.

I think there are few of us that would say the BT is not a good saw for $300. Heck I paid $500 for my BT3000 and don't regret it at all.

There are also those who witnessed some manufacturing problems in the last few years who would say you better have backup from the dealer in case you have stuck screws, broken parts etc.

So what's a year old, no warranty, New in box BT3100 worth in a scarce market? Man, it's hard to say. Depends how patient you are and how badly your buyer wants it and how much its worth to you (evidently not having opened it in a year, not much).

As time goes on the divergence in top and bottom price will increase as they become scarcer (and maybe the legend grows) and maybe parts become scarce, too (altho there seems to be a lot of parts out there from used saws).

I'd say the range of price you can get is going to be between $175 and $300, that's a big spread. All you need is one willing buyer.

Probably didn't help much, eh?
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• chele519

I was considering this saw but it seems from this discussion that it is discontinued? HD online has it for $299 and I was going to the store this weekend to look at it. Are they coming out with a new model to replace this one?

Comment

• Larry David
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2006
            • Maryland.

I don't see the BT3100 listed on the Ryobi Website any longer.

Has it been discontinued??

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

Consensus is that the BT3100 was discontinued earlier this spring. A few have been found over the past few months, but are getting scarcer to find as most, if not all, Home Depot stores have been cleaned out. At this point in time, I would be surprised if you could find display model at any Home Depot. (In my local store, even the display model was purchased months ago.)

Reason for Home Depot's dropping the saw are speculative, but a common opinion is that they are focusing more and more on the contractor market and not so much on the woodworker.

Sears has a version of the BT3100 that is made by Ryobi and badged with the Craftsman name. The Craftsman version Model 21829 (item 0921829, page 99 in the 06-07 tool catalog) is mounted on a folding portable stand and comes with the accessory table outfitted for using your router. Priced at $499.99, the details can be found here:

I hope this helps,

CWS
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...