• Show
Clear All
  • auspete
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2006
    • Mandurah, West Aus
    • BT3100K

Mitre Table Installation

Hi all, i've been watching your forum for quite a while now, but haven't needed your assistance up until now. I originally found your forum whilst searching for a tool review and/or information about the BT3100K. I first cast eyes on the BT3 at a local woodworking show so decided to check it out on the net. Between yourselves and the Online Tool Review site I decided to take out a small mortgage (they're not as cheap over here as you know)and buy the saw with accessory kit.
    Anyway, I took possession about a month ago but only managed to stop procrastinating and put it together today. Unfortunately most of the contents of the box were all mixed up together and in no particular order as the saw was initially part-assembled for a shop floor display. After the passing of most of the day, it now seems to be complete and actually working.
    However, apart from a few extra nuts and bolts left over (hopefully they are spares supplied by ryobi) I can't seem to find the Locator Pins that are supposed to be attached to the bottom of the Mitre Fence.
    So, i'm hoping that someone will reply with a description or small diagram of what they look like just in case they are in my box of extra bits or they are indeed, missing.
    Hope I haven't put you all to sleep, and thanks for your anticipated participation...

-Pete-
    Last edited by auspete; 09-12-2006, 07:15 AM.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

they're black, and plastic and just one. Rod Kirby used to have a nice photo. Slide in the T-slot on the bottom of the miter fence.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• auspete
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2006
      • Mandurah, West Aus
      • BT3100K

Thanks for your help, I have no black plastic bits left over so will contact supplier.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by auspete
        Thanks for your help, I have no black plastic bits left over so will contact supplier.
        this was many years ago but i think mine came already installed in the bottom of the miter fence.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• RodKirby
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
          • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Looks like this...

Last edited by RodKirby; 12-06-2008, 11:27 PM.
          Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• auspete
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2006
            • Mandurah, West Aus
            • BT3100K

Thanks mate, I definitely didn't have one of them, so got hold of the salesman this arvo and have organised with him to hunt me one down. Thanks again....

Comment

Working...