This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vince27

Lost Clear plastic rip fence marker

Hi. I lost the clear plastic marker with the line in to to mark your measurement on the rip fence. Ryobi's not making the part anymore. Anyone have one for sale? Anyone know of a fix to replace it?
    Thanks Vince.
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Vince27
    Anyone know of a fix to replace it?
    Thanks Vince.
    Tape Measure. Seriously, I've never used the marker on the rip fence since I move the rails around. I've always just measured from the blade with a ruler.

if you want to try to replace it,

or call sears. Ryobi made a version of the BT for Sears. They might stock the part there.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• otieo
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2006
      • Layton, Utah
      • Ryobi BT3000

Rip Fence Measure

I agree with Crockett ... a tape measure from the blade to the fence is the better way to go. If you really want to replace it , though, PriceCutter.com has them for a very reasonable price. Rockler probably has them, as well.
      otieo

AARRGH!!! I cut it off twice but it's still too short!

Comment

• MilDoc

Well, I don't use a tape measure, just a steel ruler. Forget the scale on the rails. Not accurate enough.

Comment

• Wood_workur
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2005
          • Ohio
          • Ryobi bt3100-1

what is your point? that thingy serves no purpose for accurate work. You are better off without it. give yourself a pat on the back for doing something good.
          Alex

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

I'll counter the advice given, I've always found the indicator and tape to be accurate when the scale is properly aligned. For a while I always checked it but never found it to be off, now I just check it once in a while.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• RayintheUK
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2003
              • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
              • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              I've always found the indicator and tape to be accurate when the scale is properly aligned.
              Me too, although as mine is in a wide table setup, I had to take time initially to get it right. I still use a tape to check it, but no variance so far.

Ray.
              Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• Ken Weaver
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2004
                • Clemson, SC, USA
                • Rigid TS3650

I found the tape on the rails to be accurate, but I never use it because I move them around too much to fool with it. Its easier to use a rule or tape from the fence.
                Ken Weaver
                Clemson, SC

"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

Comment

• maxparot
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
                  • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

When I added the wide table kit I pulled off the plastic scale and added a 3/4 wide steel tape with a self stick back. I set it up and checked the accuracy and have never looked back. I also have the micro adjuster and really like being able to site in to tight tolerances. a good clear scale improves the ability to shave off accurate fractions.
                  Opinions are like gas;
                  I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• crokett
                    The Full Monte
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Mebane, NC, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Ken Weaver
                    I found the tape on the rails to be accurate, but I never use it because I move them around too much to fool with it. Its easier to use a rule or tape from the fence.
                    Perzacticaly. I was not implying that the scale on the rails is inaccurate, just that it is too much bother for me to reset all the time.
                    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Jnam
                      Forum Newbie
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by maxparot
                      When I added the wide table kit I pulled off the plastic scale and added a 3/4 wide steel tape with a self stick back. I set it up and checked the accuracy and have never looked back. I also have the micro adjuster and really like being able to site in to tight tolerances. a good clear scale improves the ability to shave off accurate fractions.
                      A BT3 fence has a micro adjuster?

I havent seen one, where can I find one?

Comment

• maxparot
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
                        • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

The micro adjuster is available as an add on option. I got mine from sears.
                        Opinions are like gas;
                        I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                          Internet Fact Checker
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Katy, TX, USA.
                          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Jnam
                          A BT3 fence has a micro adjuster?

I havent seen one, where can I find one?
                          Read the BT3 FAQ for info about them and where to get BT accessories. They're getting hard to find now that Ryobi is phasing out production - maybe best available on eBay and periodically Sears says thay have them for the sister saw model 22811 (do a lookup on 22811 on the sears site.)
                          they currently claim to have them in stock for $30.. Here:

Loring in Katy, TX USA
                          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...