• Show
Clear All
  • offthemark
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Germantown, TN, USA.
    • BT3100

Where to buy-SMT slides

My SMT fell (don't ask) off my BT3100 and crashed on the concrete floor. 3 of the 4 slides underneath broke. I found replacements at ordertree.com. They are only $0.47 by shipping is $8.00!

Is there anyplace else to get these that won't charge so much shipping?

If this is the best spot, what other items should I go ahead and buy while I'm paying shipping anyway? Based on other posts I will get a couple of arbor nuts.
    Mark
    --------
    "There are no stupid questions - just stupid people"
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

I'd buy any parts you don't want to fail.
    For example its a well known fact if you have spare belts the originals will never break, same for the arbor nut, SMT slide latches etc.

Works on the sam principle as carrying a an umbrella. e.g. it won't rain.

Something about Murphy.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I would also buy the plastic rear fence block. It will break or crack if dropped too. I ordered one to fix mine and a backup one 3 years ago. Like Loring said, since I have one, I don't need the other. I have back up belts and back up slides too and haven't needed them since ordering extras. I have the older 3000 that needs shims occasionally. I have backups for them but so far, haven't needed them either.

Murphy is off irritating all those people that don't have backup parts.

Buy buying the backup parts too, the cost of shipping will not hurt as bad.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• KLF
        Forum Newbie
        • Jun 2006
        • Barrington NH
        • BT3000 (of course)

Has anybody here ever ordered anything from Ordertree.com?

I ordered a bunch of small spare parts on Monday, all of which are supposed to be "in stock" according to the ordering page. They did send me a confirmation email with everything listed, and a link so I can go back into their site and check the status of the order. Pretty nice.

So, here it is Thursday afternoon, and when I go to check on the site, it still says "Not shipped". Is this typical? I guess I'll wait till tomorrow and give them a call, see what's up.

Comment

• John Hunter
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Lake Station, IN, USA.
          • BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by KLF
          Has anybody here ever ordered anything from Ordertree.com?

I ordered a bunch of small spare parts on Monday, all of which are supposed to be "in stock" according to the ordering page. They did send me a confirmation email with everything listed, and a link so I can go back into their site and check the status of the order. Pretty nice.

So, here it is Thursday afternoon, and when I go to check on the site, it still says "Not shipped". Is this typical? I guess I'll wait till tomorrow and give them a call, see what's up.
          I have ordered from them and while they were not as fast as some they did get the order right.
          John Hunter

Comment

• KLF
            Forum Newbie
            • Jun 2006
            • Barrington NH
            • BT3000 (of course)

Update on my post above: called ordertree.com Customer Service this morning, they told me the order shipped 2 hours after I placed the order. Apparently their website does not update on that stuff, the nice lady on the phone apologized.

Order arrived today, all intact.

Their website STILL says "not shipped".

Comment

Working...