• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L. D. Jeffries
    • Dec 2005
    • Russell, NY, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

DC for BT3

I'll try this again. Just reread the post by J Frye about closing in the BT3 saw for DC. Should the plate that covers the outside of the saw blade be removed after the saw table is enclosed? Seems to me that if it stays on then the whole point of closing in the saw is moot, as the plate directs the sawdust and chips directly into the out port. Any help out there; any suggestions; any whatever!! Thanks gang.
    RuffSawn
    Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!
  • gmack5
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

Jim's efforts were pointed at noise reduction as much as Saw Dust Control, hince the "shrouding" of the exterior portion of the Saw Body.

I'm sure he left the interior of the Saw as near "normal" as possible.

Jim's Shop is in the basement of his home, hence the concern about noise suppresion.
    Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
    Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
    George

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by L. D. Jeffries
      I'll try this again. Just reread the post by J Frye about closing in the BT3 saw for DC. Should the plate that covers the outside of the saw blade be removed after the saw table is enclosed? Seems to me that if it stays on then the whole point of closing in the saw is moot, as the plate directs the sawdust and chips directly into the out port. Any help out there; any suggestions; any whatever!! Thanks gang.
      This leaves virtually no dust on the inside of the saw (bottom port and blade guard port both connected to 4" hoses to a 2 HP DC):

any dust you see is left over from before I installed the bottom port.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...