Clear All
  • Dwight
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • Shelburne Falls, MA, USA
    • BT3100-1

I guess it's for real...

Hi everybody,

I went to work at HD tonight (in the hardware dept.) and checked on the BT3100 situation. Bad news. Tuesday we had 4 on order with one on the floor. Tonight the SKU status is changed to clearence from active, price tag is now yellow, not white, and there are no longer any on order. So if you're thinking of getting a new one, better act fast. I didn't check the other stores in our area (NE), but I'd guess that the situation is the same elsewhere, as we're all part of the same sales region.

Take it easy,

Dwight
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
  • final_t
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003

Willing to bet that this is either regional- or store-only. SKU 348281 is still active @ $299, and last November-ish some stores were clearing out the existing Bt31k stock in order to bring in a slightly newer model.

Comment

• Popeye
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • Woodbine, Ga
      • Grizzly 1023SL

I'm not sure what's up but..... I checked the local and trashey HD in Brunswick, Ga, one in Fernandina Beach, Fl and one in Jacksonville, Fl and none of the stores had a 3100 in stock or on display. Kinda makes ya wonder doesn't it???? Pat
      Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

My store in th Corning, NY area has only one BT3100-1. During the holidays, they had four and, as was mentioned, it went on promotion with a $50 rebate, then on sale for $250, then on "clearance" for $200. (That's when I bought mine w/ $50 rebate ended up paying $150!).

Then after the holidays, the price went back up to $249. That one unit is still sittling there on an upper shelf, but other than the smaller sticker there is no promotion whats-so-ever. The "orange-aprons" don't have any idea, other than that "nobody buys them". I asked about the demo model, which is missing a few pieces, and all they are willing to do is know 10% off the $249 price. (So much for picking it up for parts!)

One of the things that this particular store does that is very irritating to me, is that when a new updated product comes in, they take the older model and stick in the main aisle and "feature" it at the regular price...not clearance, or even close-out discounted. Similarly, they often feature some tool that has obviously been returned from a contractor and they mark it "refurbished" with a green tag, asking about 80% of the original cost for it. These things are in no way refurbished, and are most often covered in dirt, grime, scuffed up terribly. It's almost like fraud, IMHO.

CWS

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• rg32
          Established Member
          • Jul 2004
          • Barre, Vermont, USA.

Dwight
          I bee-lined it to the tool Dept.
          Saturday afternoon I paid my first visit to a border town New Hampshire HD and there were no BT3100 to be found.
          Not even a display.

Comment

• kmk
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006
            • .Portland, Oregon
            • BT3100-1

Last night I was at the local HD and noticed the display unit was on sale ($249).
            Yellow sticker with handwritten note "Last One".

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

checked the web yesterday, and they were still orderable on the borg's site. So we have to be close to the new model!
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• dwolfe

I live in Los Angeles, and the tags on the BT floor displays are also yellow. I went to two HDs close to my work and neither had any in stock other than the floor model. I asked if they had any at the second store, and the guy told me they were on clearance and gone. He sent me to the new HD store in Long Beach/Signal Hill, where they had five in stock, but none on display. After they looked around they found them on a high shelf and pulled one down for me. So, now I have a new saw and one more thing I have to tell my wife that I HAD to buy before they disappeared forever.

Oh yeah, and this is my first post.
                Don in L.A.

Comment

• jwaterdawg
                  • Aug 2005
                  • Washington, NC USA
                  • JET

welcome to the forum!
                  Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• Crash2510
                    • Feb 2006
                    • North Central Ohio

none to be found in mansfield oh home depot except the busted up floor model which is standard home depot procedure
                    Phil In Ohio
                    The basement woodworker

Comment

• KHP
                      Handtools only
                      • Feb 2006
                      • Dallas
                      • BT3100

The Hd at 635 and McArthur in Irving also has the BT3100 yellow tagged at $249.
                      Kevin

Comment

• scorrpio
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2005
                        • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Been to HD here in Wayne 2 days ago. Two BT3100 boxes sitting not in tool area, but in 'specials' area. Tags were white, but there was a '$35 gift card with purchase' promotion on them.

Comment

• mschrank
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2004
                          • Hood River, OR, USA.
                          • BT3000

For what it's worth (probably not much), I emailed Ryobi and they responded:

I've heard a lot of speculation that the BT3001 table saw is being dropped from your product line. Is this true? If so, will there be a replacement?

Mike
                          Hood River, Oregon

P.S. If it is being dropped due to lack of sales, the fault lies entirely with Home Depot and their inability to be knowledgable about a great product. Ryobi never should have agreed to let Home Depot market their products exclusively
                          Ryobi Response: (04/17/2006 06:30)
                          Dear Mike,

The BT3100 is not being discontinued.

Best regards,

Sherry T.
                          Consumer Response
                          One World Technologies, Inc
                          Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• RmeDad
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2006
                            • Scottsdale, AZ
                            • BT3100-1

Ryobi response to me, just a little bit different!

Here's the response I received today:

"We have not been INFORMED that the BT3100 saw is being discontinued."
                            Jack

Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"

Comment

• BobSch
                              • Aug 2004
                              • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                              • BT3100

Ryobi Response: (04/17/2006 06:30)
                              Dear Mike,

The BT3100 is not being discontinued.

Best regards,

Sherry T.
                              Consumer Response
                              One World Technologies, Inc
                              I noticed she didn't have anything to say about their exclusive deal with the BORG.
                              Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Working...