• Show
Clear All
  • RmeDad
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Scottsdale, AZ
    • BT3100-1

BT3100 table spacing

What do most people place between the BT3100 and the aux. table? May seem like a dumb question, but I thought I would ask anyway!
    Jack

Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by RmeDad
    What do most people place between the BT3100 and the aux. table? May seem like a dumb question, but I thought I would ask anyway!
    It's movable! Put it where you like to suit the cut.
    All the way to the right for wide materials,
    all the way to the left to support medium small rips and medium sized crosscuts so the offcuts won't fall into the gap.

If you have a router installed, It will likely limit how close you can put it to the main table.

I have to confess, right now mine's about 4 inches gap and the aux table is supporting misc tools, cutoffs, and measuring or marking devices. I don't put anything there, that would keep me from moving the aux table.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

So Many Options

I have placed another auxiliary table between the main table and the original aux. table that has the router in it. If I need more table in front of the router, I swap them. Actually I have four of the aux. tables and sometimes use one to the left of the SMT for support.
      By the way, did you know that if you butt two tables together, you create a miter slot? I use this with a traditional miter gauge (from my band saw) for end routing pieces on the router table. LIkewise you can postion the table just far enough to the right of the main table to create a miter slot.
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• Papa
        Established Member
        • Feb 2006
        • Williamsburg, VA
        • Ryobi BT3000

Space Between Main and Auxillary Tables

I picked up another main table from a part-out on this forum. Mounted to the right of the regular main table, it fills the space and provides a mounting for a right-side miter guage table.

Warren Bell

Comment

• RmeDad
          Established Member
          • Jan 2006
          • Scottsdale, AZ
          • BT3100-1

Good info! Thank you.

Originally posted by Jim Frye
          By the way, did you know that if you butt two tables together, you create a miter slot?
          This is great info! I had NO idea about the miter slot. Thanks to all for contributing.

Would love to have another acc. table, but the cost is prohibitive, at least to me at the moment.
          Jack

Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"

Comment

• WEG
            Established Member
            • Nov 2003
            • Nahant, MA.

Hi Jocko;

I use a sandwich of double particle board and 1/8'' (I think) hardboard to build it up to 1 and 9/16" thick or so by 8" wide piece. I've had it there since I first got the saw. Seems to be just about right for me for most things. It just sits there, no fasteners. Hope this helps.

WEG

Comment

• maxparot
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
              • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

I have a table made of 3/4" mdf with 2) 1" angle iron rails underneath to stiffen and increase its load capacity (wide table kit)
              Opinions are like gas;
              I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

Working...