• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Ridgid MSUV Universal Mobile Miter Saw Stand

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-U...xYUStIQ2%3ARk0

On sale for $99 at Home Depot. I have the older model with a mitersaw and love it. Bought this one to use with my planer.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

These seem to hold their value. I had the older one and loved it, except for the weight of it. Sold it for the sale price I bought it for three years earlier, $99.
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• ballard770
      Established Member
      • Jan 2016
      • Washington State
      • Ryobi BT3000

I’ve had one for my miter saw and it is very useful. I can’t tuck it away but it is quit3 accessible when I need it. I made a jig so that I can do repetitive miter cuts for picture frames that exceed the length of the built in guides.

Comment

• ballard770
        Established Member
        • Jan 2016
        • Washington State
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by ballard770
        I’ve had one for my miter saw and it is very useful. I can’t tuck it away but it is quit3 accessible when I need it. I made a jig so that I can do repetitive miter cuts for picture frames that exceed the length of the built in guides.
        I fat fingered my post (or self correct got me). I can tuck it away for storage.

Comment

• cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

My local store lists it at $129, though they have none in stock at any price. The nearest HD is then in Ithaca, but again it's not at that sale price.

No matter, I have the Ryobi heavy duty stand which I bought over a decade ago for around $70 If my memory serves me, I think I got that on sale, around 2005 or 2006. Still have it and it serves well, but it's a bit on the heavy side and I have to carry the miter saw separately as it's just too much mounted. It doesn't have wheels, but with the legs folded it's not too much to carry and setup and it easily stores in a corner or fits in the back of the van.

CWS
          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• durango dude
            • Mar 2011
            • a thousand or so feet above insanity
            • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

Lowes responded in kind, lowering the price of the Kobalt stand.

I'm still very pleased with my dewalt. Long since paid for itself in time saved.

Comment

• jussi
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007

Looks like you can get a refurb mode for $70 from direct tools. Free shipping for cyber Monday

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

I bought a Bosch Gravity Rise about 8 or 9 years ago:
                https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Portabl...s%2C266&sr=8-2

WOW have they increased in price. Amazon has the at $370 and I bought it at right at $200. However, I swapped it out for the smaller fold up type from HF. I never thought I would downgrade from a Bosch to a HF. I still have the Bosch but I just got tired of the extra weight of the Bosch and the size. The Bosch type take up much more space in my 4x8 trailer and the added weight is very noticeable to me. The size and weight of the HF is more suited to me. Of course, I have a Makita 12" sliding dual whatever miter and it is heavy in itself.
                Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Reported SPAM post flagged and removed. Thanks for the report.
                  Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...