• Show
Clear All
  • GrumpyDad
    Established Member
    • Jul 2020
    • Midwest
    • Ryobi BT3100, BT3000, Sawstop PCS

Group Purchase?

Anyone interested in making a group purchase of...

Get great deals on Table Saws and upgrade your power tools for your home workshop. Check off your home improvement tasks with eBay.com. Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Pool our funds and get better pricing?

GrumpyDad
    Harumpf!
    GrumpyDad
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

The price has gone up. I bought one about 18 months ago and it was $47.50 at the time. I am totally satisfied with it too. Well worth the price, even now. I broke probably 3 of the plastic ones over a 19 year period.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I bought one last December, it was $56.49 final cost, which I think included shipping and taxes. My plastic one is still intact, but I thought I should get this just in case. I should mention, it is very nicely machined, but understand this is just the base piece, you'll have to transfer all the hardware from the factory assembly.

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I already have one and it was very good replacement for the one that cracked and broke.
        Actually the second one (plastic) did not break but I replaced it with this metal one because I thought it might break eventually.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-06-2020, 11:58 PM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

I noticed something about that price and eBay. I got an email from eBay and the seller asking if I was still interested, the price offered to me now is $57.50.

I find that often, the price is one thing but if I look a couple of times and then do not go back for a couple of days or so, I will get a notice that the price has dropped or asking me to make an offer.
          Hank Lee

Comment

• Slik Geek
            • Dec 2006
            • Lake County, Illinois
            • Ryobi BT-3000

Was there an advantage to this version over the original one? (Did you guys notice any improvement?)

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

Considerable advantage! Aluminum vs plastic, no comparison. I broke 3 over 17-18 years, that is one every 6 years. I think the aluminum one will last 20+ years. I have broken two of the miter fence clamps and just ordered the machined aluminum replacement for the last one I broke. It should last 20+ years also.
              Hank Lee

Comment

• d_meister
                Established Member
                • Feb 2009
                • La Conner, WA.
                • BT3000

I'm wondering if the seller will consider it a group purchase if he has to send each one to a different address, if that's how it's planned? If he sends 4 to one address, and GrumpyDad re-ships, how will that work out? I've found that I can't ship anything as cheaply as eBay.
                Now that I've weighed in, I'll probably break mine any day, so consider me a "maybe".

Comment

• GrumpyDad
                  Established Member
                  • Jul 2020
                  • Midwest
                  • Ryobi BT3100, BT3000, Sawstop PCS

Why is it that I can get an item form the darkest corner of the other side of the world for $4 postage. But the same costs $9.57 postage in the US?

Harumpf!
                  GrumpyDad

Comment

• woodturner
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • Western Pennsylvania
                    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by GrumpyDad
                    Why is it that I can get an item form the darkest corner of the other side of the world for $4 postage. But the same costs $9.57 postage in the US?
                    The US subsidizes shipments from certain countries.
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Regarding the roller holder original topic,
                      The eBay page claims he's sold 179.

I have one and it fits and works great.

I think if you are using a BT3000/BT3100 long term, this is a critical part to the survival of your saw and that the original part has a limited lifetime being made of plastic.
                      As Hank says hes been through three and I've broke one and It was not through abuse but normal use they cracked from the stress.
                      If you get one of these then you can be sure that tour BT3000 or BT3100 will not die from Roller holder failure and unavailability of parts.

I'm sort of a believer in the idea that having a suitable backup means you won't have a prime failure... under that belief, just having this will ensure your roller holder won't break at an inopportune time.

Consider the cheap insurance of buying a metal version of the holder, if you are still using the original and think you would like to be able to use your saw for 5 or 10 more years

I purchased a replacement plastic one to repair my saw... been monitoring the parts situation for years. I bought the metal one and replaced the replacement to insure my saw against that failure.
                      Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-11-2020, 08:07 PM.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• cwsmith
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2005
                        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                        • BT3100-1

If anyone would like one of these fence "roller holder" machined parts, I have one at a bargain price of $30!

Last December when I first became aware of their availability, I ordered this. (See post #3 above). At the time, it was just the machined aluminum piece and you have to take the parts from your current OEM assembly. When the new "complete" assembly was announced I ordered that and so no longer need the original ordered piece. My original OEM fence is still working great and bought these just for backup... I pretty much have the same belief of "backup" that Loring just mentioned.

SO, I have the original machined block and thought it would be of interest to any member who would like it, and may not be able to justify making the purchase at full price. It's in the original box and packing and other than looking it over, it's brand new! I'm asking $30 which will cover the difference in my up-dated version as well as a portion of the shipping estimate to you via UPS.

I think we can do this via Paypal as I have an account. So please, if anyone is interested please let me know. I've received Aaron's (the E-Bay seller) permission as I didn't want to infringe on his business in any way. He's done a very nice job making this part and I'm sure we all appreciate its availability.

Thanks,

CWS
                        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• d_meister
                          d_meister commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Count me in! PM sent.

• cwsmith
                          cwsmith commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sold to d_meister! I'll check your PM and instruct thru same.

CWS

• cwsmith
                          cwsmith commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just wanted to follow up with a comment here. As explained above I had made this purchase twice, once back in December when it was just the single machined aluminum block and then again several weeks ago when it was sold as a complete assembly. I certainly didn't need both, so thought I would sell the component I bought back in December. But, I gave some thought to it and more importantly to the original E-Bay seller who made and marketed the part. I wasn't interest in making any kind of profit (my little brain doesn't work that way). So, I asked the seller what he thought!

He was extremely nice and had no problem with my thoughts on reselling it and was quite complimentary on my respect for even asking him.

Then came "d_meister" who offered to buy the part. Personally, I hate selling things, as we live in a world full of cheats and you never know what you're going to run into... on either end of a transaction. "d-meister'' was absolutely terrific, what a very nice man and I'm very happy that I got to know him, even a little bit!

So, the part now has a happy owner and I've met two very nice gentlemen, both friendly, courteous, and I'm happy to know them both. Life should be this nice all the time.

Bottom line is that THIS forum has been a wonderful experience since the first day I joined back in 2005. This is a place that I have learned to really like and I have great respect for the membership that I have come to know.
                      • LCHIEN
                        Internet Fact Checker
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Katy, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I just did a survey of the spare parts for my BT3000 and I have two original OEM Ryobi plastic roller holders, one unused and one used for just a few miles.

I will never use them now because I have the metal roller holder installed after I found them advertised, thinking it would last forever.

The only difference I can tell is that the used one has a little sawdust on it.

If anyone needs one (e-replacements shows discontinued)
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	roller holder BT3.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	840260
                        If anyone needs one let me know. Maybe $10 + shipping?
                        Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• leehljp
                          Just me
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Tunica, MS
                          • BT3000/3100

I just noticed - On the aluminum one on eBay: It is the COMPLETE holder assembly; the one I ordered 18 - 20 months ago was just the block itself; so the increased price does reflect the difference in assemblies.
                          Hank Lee

Comment

• igm
                            Handtools only
                            • Aug 2020
                            • BT-3000

Did anyone put together a group order? I need one so I'm in. The eBay guy sells the complete roller holder assembly for $67.50 but the price drops to $40.50 for qty 4 (plus shipping).

Comment

Working...