X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Ryobi 5-piece tool kit - $140

Not too familiar with Ryobi pricing but this looks like a smoking deal. Picked up a set for myself and one for a xmas gift for my brother. Btw, what is the difference between green and blue models again?

Note: These come with 1.3Ah batteries which may or may not work for you. I don't intend to use them that much. Mostly need the cordless recip saw for the occasional diy use and circ saw to rough cut lumber at lumber yard to fit in my car.

Last edited by jussi; 12-03-2015, 12:17 PM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

That is a good deal. The two batteries included would cost $99.00 ON SALE!

IF I didn't have most of those, I would go for this deal. I recently purchased 2 new batteries for $99. so I don't need it.

Speaking of Ryobi, I purchased the One+ Dual Power 20-Watt (Cree type) LED Work Light last summer, and that tool has become by Go-To work light.
    POWERFUL, BRIGHT, Battery or cord. Only complaint is that the on/off button is in the wrong place. EVerytime I pick it up, I hit the switch. If it is off, I accidentally switch it on; worse, if it is on and I pick it up to move it in the dark, I switch it off!

Last edited by leehljp; 12-03-2015, 02:11 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Cochese
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010

Not bad, the radio itself is $30.

I picked up this latest version of the radio recently, and it's pretty cool. The inclusion of Bluetooth and a USB port to charge is nice.
      I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

Looks like they sold out.

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

The blue tools were sold when the batteries were Ni Cd. The bright green tools were sold with lithium ion batteries. I have a blue circular saw, reciprocating saw, jig saw and light. I have two bright green drills, the 18 volt brad driver and the multi tool. All use one of my three small lithium ion batteries. All do good work. The circular saw is handy and will work a surprisingly long time on a battery. It drains the battery quicker than the other tools. The brad nailer is about the same in capability as my Porter Cable pneumatic and the drills are fine but the saws are not as nice as my corded tools. But they are far handier and that often counts for more. Most of the time what I am doing is not that critical and the cordless tools are plenty good enough.

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

Ryobi is having a tool sale Dec 10 at their Liberty S.C. site 9am - 7pm. Here is info I have, price list and items are not posted yet. My bil has picked up lots of stuff and Christmas presents the last few years.

thursday
            December 10th
            from9am to 7pm
            at our Liberty facility
            (7240 Moorefield Memorial Hwy Liberty, SC 29657).

Stay warm with our Heated Jackets for only $74.90 (including tax) (battery & charger not included).
            Have the convenience of a battery powered tool without sacrificing on power with our Ryobi 40V tool line with prices starting at $42.80 (including tax).
            Get rid of those pesky leaves without breaking the bank (or your back) with our powerful backpack blowers starting at just $114.49 (including tax).
            We have new generators starting at $ 139.10 (including tax) to help you to be prepared in the event of a a power outage.
            Plus we have plenty of Craftsman and Hart Tools which will make great stocking stuffers!

We will send out reminders and the price list as the sale approaches.

Comment

• jussi
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007

If those are the quiet inverter generator that is an amazing price.

Comment

• jussi
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007

Just got mine today. I didn't realize the circ saw uses 5-1/2" blades. But for what I intended to use it for it should be more than fine. All the power tools seem to be well built and have enough power for my needs though time will tell. The radio seems really nice. Bluetooth option great because I can play my podcasts on it. Sound isn't great but it's good for what it is. Although when I'm in the shop I'll probably be using my new soundbar which also has bluetooth. I agree with cochese that the usb is nice to have as well for charging phones and tablets. I probably won't use the drill as I have plenty of those already. Only thing I really didn't like was the bag. The tools will get banged around in there quite a bit and it makes finding parts much harder. But given the price point there probably wasn't a better option. Overall I'm pretty happy with my first impressions.
                Last edited by jussi; 12-07-2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• capncarl
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Leesburg Georgia USA
                  • SawStop CTS

Ryobi is having a tool sale Dec 10 at their Liberty S.C. site 9am - 7pm. Here is copy of the link
                  There is a lot of stuff, many good Christmas presents.

thursday
                  December 10th
                  from9am to 7pm
                  at our Liberty facility
                  (7240 Moorefield Memorial Hwy Liberty, SC 29657).

Comment

Working...