• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

24" Clamp guide $7 at HF

The just published Wood magazine has a full page HF add with a coupon for this clamp guide for $6.99 (and a free 25' tape measure to boot.)

Amazing deals on this 24In Clamp/Cut Edge Guide at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Compare to the 24" clamp guide at Rockler for $42. http://www.rockler.com/all-in-one-lo...mproved-clamps

if you don't have one of these at all $7 is not much. As a clamp genre, they're good for circular saw guides, drill press table low profile fence. If your router table is narrow enough it makes a great quickie low profile router fence for grooving but of course you can't bury a router bit in the fence. For handheld router use its a great guide.

Its definately not as nice as the Rockler version but is the Rockler 6 times better?

It clamps OK, the thing says it will take up to a 22° angle to the table edge. The sort of weak looking point is the red plastic pieces that swivel the angle to the clamping faces. I can imagine them breaking. THe HF clamp does have a lifetime warranty, though. If clamps firmly and with no appreciable wiggle when clamped hard enough. The sliding jaw is a little more difficult to slide into place than the Rockler... but it works, maybe use will free it up a little.

I figured I'd give it a try for $7. Oh, and the free tape measure goes into the car glove compartment to replace the free 6 foot tape measure I got somewhere that's a whole lot less well made than the HF tape measure.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-10-2014, 02:33 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • tfischer
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
    • BT3100

I have the 4' rockler version. I don't use it often but comes in handy when I do. I typically use it to cut down sheet goods, and am often finding myself wishing I had an 8' version so I could cut in both dimensions. Not sure I'd use a 2' version very often.

Comment

• frumper64
      Established Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Garland, Tx, USA.

I have both the 2 foot and 4 foot versions of there HF clamps / guides. As Loring said, they work surprisingly well for the price. I use them mainly as a circular saw guide for cutting sheet goods into manageable pieces.
      Jim
      64sedan_at_gmail.com

Comment

Working...