• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Festool Reconditioned Tool Sale

I just got an email this morning that Festool is having a sale on factory reconditioned tools. This probably doesn't count as a "bargain" since it merely reduces the prices from insane to expensive.

http://festoolusa.com/power-tools/reconditioned/

I have to say the few Festool tools I have are top notch.
    Chr's
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

It's strange that they're just getting around to sending out the email. That sale has been going for a out a week now. Note they do charge tax on several states now even if you order out of state. They have a list somewhere
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

I guess if you want a festool this might be an option. The track saws where only 10-20% off and thus more expensive than my DeWalt. I like aspects of the DeWalt better (like markings in fractional inches and a 106 inch track without exhorbinant cost).

Overall Festool seems like something a "professional" who uses the tools every day might justify based upon packaging but I don't see them for me. The reviews do not say they are obviously better tools. Just really good tools with a nice packaging idea. I'm talking about their tool cases that stack on their vacumns so you can wheel them around and store them more easily.

Jim

Comment

• gsmittle
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • St. Louis, MO, USA.
        • BT 3100

Still too rich for my blood. I'll have to settle for "Festool envy."

g.
        Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
        Bill & Ted

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

Try craigslist. I've lots of good luck there. I agree not all their tools are vastly superior to a less expensive brands. The drills for example aren't any better than other brands I've used save for a couple of accessories they come with (which I don't use most of the time). The tracksaw I believe is also comparable to the dewalt and makita brand. Their new model is a little nicer which I believe also comes with an optional imperial markings. But overall no huge improvement.

Some of their tools I believe are superior to other brands I've used. Like their sander. Their ets 150 is the smoothest sander I've used, with the least amount of vibration, gave the best result, and superior dust collection. I've heard the Mirka is even better but with a $500 price tag. Their routers are great and have much better dust collection than any other I've used and designed to work with their other tools and accessories. The MFT is a great table that I use alot. Great for making crosscuts on large or long pieces and is extremely accurate. It has replaced my miter gauge for several tasks. You can also use their router with it to make dados or sliding dovetails. My favorite and their probably most unique tool, however, is their domino. It has replaced so many tools for me. Biscuit joiner, Mortiser, dowelmax, etc. I use it for everything from M&T joints to just gluing up panels.

Comment

• toolguy1000
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • westchester cnty, ny

what!? no kapex miter saws available!!!!
            there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• jussi
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by toolguy1000
              what!? no kapex miter saws available!!!!
              Guess they sold out. They were available for a mere $1100.

Comment

Working...