X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Tightbond no drip glue 12 pack $23 free ship

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...30&R=203397130 , better hurry will sell out fast , http://americanwoodworker.com/blogs/...-titebond.aspx
    http://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Titeb.../dp/B007CTOP1C
    Last edited by tommyt654; 12-10-2012, 08:17 AM.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

No run, no drip...that's interesting.

Comment

• justaguy
      Established Member
      • Jun 2006
      • Chesapeake VA

Originally posted by cabinetman
      No run, no drip...that's interesting.

Also note it's a fast set glue. Great for trim, not so great for assembling multi-part projects

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

I'll never use that much glue. I need like two bottles, tops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

I use glue everywhere when I want a strong joint between 2 pieces of wood and go thru bottles of tite bond on a regular basis, this has the added bonus of not running all over the place as I assemble my joinery and gettin on everything else including me. The quick drying time aids me in getting my projects together in steps. I might glue up a few panels at a time and then assemble all later after they have finished drying. Assembly times vary between folks,I usually have all my pieces cut and ready to assemble and do so in a timely fashion in less than the 10 to 15 minutes that this dries in, heres a pdf to understand the drying times better , http://www.titebond.com/Libraries/Li...ales.sflb.ashx , I realize its not for everyone,but the price is rightSays it will keep for 2 yrs,longer than I will have any left around
          Last edited by tommyt654; 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

instead of buying a case of 8 oz bottles, might it be cheaper to buy a larger jug and refill the little bottles (or even specialty glue applicator bottles) which you have previously emptied out? Just a thought.

A 128 Oz, or 1 gal jug at HD is $17.97

vs. buying 12 8 oz (total 96 oz) bottles for $23.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
              Gone but not Forgotten RIP
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

Small bottles might be more convenient. Easier to store, no pouring off, and no letting air get to contents of a bigger bottle each time it's proportioned off. Small bottles make good gifts, easier to keep in your pocket when you go out to dinner...you never know when you'll need glue.

But if cost is a factor, a large bottle may be better. Just don't drop it.

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

Loring makes agood point, unfortunately its not for the no drip glue at that price, which was my point in posting, even tho its water based and fairly simple to clean up I like the no drip vs regular as it tends to not get on everything else in the shop vs the no drip and I can use it to attach trim moldings to shelving or ornamental trim to boxes without having to nail it and have to fill in a nail hole later on. Hey if ya don't like it at that price just don't buy it. I have a need for it and thought 1/2 price was a pretty good price for this and the shelf life is 2 yrs with less exposure to the elements in a smaller bottle/applicator to worry about

Comment

• Cochese
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                  instead of buying a case of 8 oz bottles, might it be cheaper to buy a larger jug and refill the little bottles (or even specialty glue applicator bottles) which you have previously emptied out? Just a thought.

A 128 Oz, or 1 gal jug at HD is $17.97

vs. buying 12 8 oz (total 96 oz) bottles for $23.
                  I bought a gallon jug of #2 almost two years ago and I'm only halfway through. I just don't get to spend a lot of time in the shop. I used to fill up third-party glue containers, but found that they clogged up and the glue separated far faster than it did in one of the Titebond containers, even refilled. Something to consider.
                  I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

Working...