Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

delta t-2 @ tools-plus

http://www.tools-plus.com/delta-36-t30.html

and more deals are on their website.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

Fyi

this sale is on again thru 11/12/12, along with discounts on other tools.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

That is a very attractive price.

Comment

• dusty
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2012
        • AZ
        • Shopsmith Mark V Model 520 and a Mark V Model 510 with a BT3K Rail Kit, SMT, and Router Table

Bring me along, guys. I am new to the world of BT3. Is this fence compatible to my BT3 rails?

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by dusty
          Bring me along, guys. I am new to the world of BT3. Is this fence compatible to my BT3 rails?
          Nearly anything is compatible with enough modification, but sadly, this fence isn't a great match for a BT3 style saw, or any bench or compact type saw. It's mainly intended for a full size stationary contractor saw, hybrid, or cabinet saw. Heck of a deal $142 shipped.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• dusty
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2012
            • AZ
            • Shopsmith Mark V Model 520 and a Mark V Model 510 with a BT3K Rail Kit, SMT, and Router Table

Originally posted by Knottscott
            Nearly anything is compatible with enough modification, but sadly, this fence isn't a great match for a BT3 style saw, or any bench or compact type saw. It's mainly intended for a full size stationary contractor saw, hybrid, or cabinet saw. Heck of a deal $142 shipped.
            I did not think it looked like a good fit. That is why I asked? Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

dusty there's probably 50% of users or more that have other saws than BT3's.

Sometimes people post BT3 specific questions and items but don't mention BT3 assuming everyone has such a saw or more likely forgetting that there are other saw types represented here.

hopefully most people will post BT3 specific items/questions in the BT3 discussion forum.

If you want some good info on your saw, PM me for the BT3 FAQ.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dusty
                Forum Newbie
                • Nov 2012
                • AZ

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                dusty there's probably 50% of users or more that have other saws than BT3's.

Sometimes people post BT3 specific questions and items but don't mention BT3 assuming everyone has such a saw or more likely forgetting that there are other saw types represented here.

hopefully most people will post BT3 specific items/questions in the BT3 discussion forum.

If you want some good info on your saw, PM me for the BT3 FAQ.
                Thank you for clearing that up; yes, I assumed that the majority of the postings here would be BT3 specific. The fact that this is not necessarily true just makes the forum that much more versatile.

Comment

• Knottscott
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2004
                  • Rochester, NY.
                  • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Thank you for clearing that up; yes, I assumed that the majority of the postings here would be BT3 specific. The fact that this is not necessarily true just makes the forum that much more versatile.
                  Back when the BT was still in production, the content was much more BT oriented.
                  Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• dusty
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Nov 2012
                    • AZ

Coming into this as a newbie, I am surprised that the BT3 is not still in production. The quality of what I have seen seems to be excellent and when compared to some of what is on the market today, well....

Comment

• Knottscott
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2004
                      • Rochester, NY.
                      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Coming into this as a newbie, I am surprised that the BT3 is not still in production. The quality of what I have seen seems to be excellent and when compared to some of what is on the market today, well....
                      The BT has been through a few iterations, and is still available as the Craftsman 21829 (still made by Ryobi, lots of parts are interchangeable with the BT) ....regular pricing of $600 is pretty steep IMO, but it goes on sale at more reasonable prices on occasion.

Comment

• dusty
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Nov 2012
                        • AZ

Originally posted by Knottscott
                        The BT has been through a few iterations, and is still available as the Craftsman 21829 (still made by Ryobi, lots of parts are interchangeable with the BT) ....regular pricing of $600 is pretty steep IMO, but it goes on sale at more reasonable prices on occasion.

My question is, "Did that quality get passed on to Craftsman". In the past, I would not have doubted that but lately I have become skeptical. The fact that Craftsman's product warranties have changed so much makes me feel that way.

Craftsman's lifetime warranty WAS a great selling factor.

Comment

• Cochese
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2010

Short answer is yes. Very reliable and can be just as accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
                          I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• LCHIEN
                            Internet Fact Checker
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Katy, TX, USA.
                            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Sears makes absolutely nothing of their own. They have no "Craftsman" factory. They contract to different manufacturers (Original equipment manufacturers -OEMs) to make private label (Craftsman) either custom versions (mostly) or rebranded versions of products (with minor differences) that are the same as items produced for sale under the OEM's name. THat's the business model they've always followed.

THe 21829 and it's predecessor the 22811 were made by Ryobi. Ryobi also makes most of the craftsman routers and also many of the miter saws. Crafstman items always have a part number like 315.218290 - usually the model number comes from it (21829) and you can discern the OEM code (315 in this case is Ryobi).

As for the BT3000/3100 line, Ryobi has had for a long time an exclusive with Home Depot to sell Ryobi branded products (They're actually owned by TTI). If Home Depot wanted more BT3x00s they would be selling them. MY guess is that after 15 years of production they felt the market was saturated. A LOT of BT3's were sold during that period - it was very aggressively priced. Many hundreds of thousands it was guessed.
                            Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-11-2012, 10:47 AM.
                            Loring in Katy, TX USA
                            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Knottscott
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2004
                              • Rochester, NY.
                              • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                              ... Ryobi also makes most of the craftsman routers and .....
                              Loring is a very well respected wealth of encyclopedic type knowledge on tools (among other things!), but to the best my knowledge Ryobi no longers makes the Craftsman routers. AFAIK, they are now made by Chervon Power. Either way, they're getting pretty good reports from owners for being good value.

(my sincere and humble apologies if I'm mistaken!)

Comment

Working...