X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Peachtree DP table kit and lots of acc.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_042712.htm , not too bad of pricing on some of the bits and stuff
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Now that is an interesting drill press table design. Never thought of the vertical stuff...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• greenacres2
      • Dec 2011
      • La Porte, IN
      • Ryobi BT3000

Got it built

Ordered this kit, and got it built over the weekend. It was my first real work with plans--and while i made a few errors, it really came out all right. I used a 36" oak fence that i had originally tried to clamp right to the DP table, but other than that i stuck pretty close to their design. (under the DP is a stand that i cobbled together from scrap a while back. need to put 3" casters under it now--that table added just enough weight to make the 2" tough to roll)

It's amazing how much easier it is to use the DP--the round iron table just wasn't suited to wood. Now it will get a lot more use.

earl
      Attached Files

Comment

• conscience
        Forum Newbie
        • May 2011
        • Atlanta, GA
        • BT 3000

Even if you don't want the table, that is a decent price for that much hardware. The T Track alone would be more than that, even if you bought it in 4 foot lengths and cut it down.

Comment

• duncsuss
          Established Member
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by greenacres2
          It was my first real work with plans--and while i made a few errors, it really came out all right.
          Nice work -- I hope I can do as good a job when I build mine.

It'll be a big step-up from the simple piece of plywood with a fixed rear fence that I'm using today.

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

The site indicates the special has ended.

Comment

• tommyt654
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008

Looks good Earl,Seemed like a good deal to me as well

Comment

• greenacres2
                • Dec 2011
                • La Porte, IN
                • Ryobi BT3000

I've got some Verathane, but now that it's together i may just keep the wood raw. I'm thinking--greenhorn thinking mind you--that there's just enough roughness to help keep what i'm working on in place. Not like a table saw or router table where i'd want the stock to slide easily. Or...i'm just being too lazy!!

Was fun to do. Up to now, i've just cut and cobbled piece by piece. Having a cut list was great. Really speeds up the process.

earl

Comment

Working...