Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

2-pc Irwin Groove plier set $13 Sears

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...00100383&aff=Y free store p/u
  • greenacres2
    • Dec 2011
    • La Porte, IN
    • Ryobi BT3000

Is there a promotional code or some other hidden trick? Showed up as $26.01 for me, standard shipping at $21.39 as the only option--all the way to final check-out. Emptied my cart before i screwed up and hit the Place Order Now button!! I like Sears a little less every day...

earl

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

couldn't resist... with free shipping to a store nearby.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by LCHIEN
        couldn't resist... with free shipping to a store nearby.
        Me too....I was just noticing that some of my pliers are missing (hhmmm...older son moved back home two months ago....), so this is good timing. Thanks for the heads up.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• greenacres2
          • Dec 2011
          • La Porte, IN
          • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by greenacres2
          Is there a promotional code or some other hidden trick? Showed up as $26.01 for me, standard shipping at $21.39 as the only option--all the way to final check-out. Emptied my cart before i screwed up and hit the Place Order Now button!! I like Sears a little less every day...

earl
          Had to look again--this morning $12.49, in stock at the nearest store. Geez, what happened last night when the total order would have been $50.34?? Thanks Tommy!!

earl

Comment

• unknown poster
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006

I have a set of these. I like the push button slip jaw, it lets you open the pliers wide without the jaw moving like a traditional channel lock. The set I have is a bit lightweight and the handles flex a little bit, but that hasn't been a problem.

These are great for radiator spring hose clamps.

Comment

• cabinetman
              Gone but not Forgotten RIP
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

That's a great price for having adjustable pliers, or as extras. Now, if only they had Klein, or even Channel-Lock for that price.

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

I had misplaced mine and needed to buy some more and found this and said ****,thats a danged good price and ordered and p/u the same day, Then I found my channelocks this morning. Glad some took advantage like I did

Comment

• jnesmith
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Thanks for the heads up. Shipping is the killer for me. To get free shipping, you have to do in-store pickup, which would require me to go to Sears, which would require me to go to the mall, which I don't do.

Actually, I have done store pick up from Sears before. At my Sears, you have to go to some strange, dark back office and wait 20 minutes for someone to come along and help you. That person will invariably be handling a store pickup for the very first time. A swift 45 minutes later, you are out the door!
                  John

Comment

• Cochese
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by jnesmith
                    Thanks for the heads up. Shipping is the killer for me. To get free shipping, you have to do in-store pickup, which would require me to go to Sears, which would require me to go to the mall, which I don't do.

Actually, I have done store pick up from Sears before. At my Sears, you have to go to some strange, dark back office and wait 20 minutes for someone to come along and help you. That person will invariably be handling a store pickup for the very first time. A swift 45 minutes later, you are out the door!
                    That sucks. Mine (at the mall) is off of the entrance to appliances and uses a kiosk. You scan your receipt or card, and your stuff is brought out to you within a couple of minutes.
                    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

at the local full sears dept store, in the pick up area, it is in the back, but they have a computer sign in (swipe credit card or scan bar code on e-mail) and signs saying you shouldn't have to wait more than 5 minutes. I think there's even a timer on a separate monitor status screen showing all customers above. Always worked for me. I have to say that works well, never anything like 45 minutes.

as for the pliers, turned out I had a Irwin 12" already, so 8" and 10" complement what I had, they seem to be good quality.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Knottscott
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2004
                        • Rochester, NY.
                        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
                        That sucks. Mine (at the mall) is off of the entrance to appliances and uses a kiosk. You scan your receipt or card, and your stuff is brought out to you within a couple of minutes.
                        The Sears stores near us use a kiosk near a main entrance too. The only time it took more than 5 minutes was the morning that I bought two Worksharp 3000's for $18 each (...that was a typo on their end, not mine!). A manager walked by and realized it had been more than 5 minutes, and went and got a $5 gift card for me while the warehouse kid grabbed my $360 worth of sharpeners. I didn't mind the wait!

FWIW, I'm very happy with the Irwin pliers deal too.
                        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• jnesmith
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

You guys are killing me. I suppose it's possible my Sears has now joined the modern age. Maybe I'll buy these and find out.
                          John

Comment

• greenacres2
                            • Dec 2011
                            • La Porte, IN
                            • Ryobi BT3000

I've got a 30 minute drive for local pick-up, but i get close to there at least every other week. Haven't had to wait more than 5 minutes until last week...18 minutes. Got a $5 card, but also was 7 minutes late for a client meeting--the folks that make buying tools (and food!!) possible.

Took the pliers and receipt into the client's office with me, showed him why i was late--then had to spend 10 minutes so he could buy a set. Life is pretty good!!

earl

Comment

Working...