BT3Central Fund Raiser Auction... Requesting your assistance.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

BT3Central Fund Raiser Auction... Requesting your assistance.

The idea has been floated of a BT3Central Fund Raiser auction, which I think is a great idea. In order to pull this off, we will need donations. Things that BT3Central members might actually want and would bid on.

Here's the way I am thinking it ought to work...

#1. Donor commits to an item to be auctioned.
    #2. Item is posted for auction, with a time limit. The auction would be open bid in the forum. I am thinking 1 week for a time limit per item. But would like your input as well.
    #3. Upon completed sale / donation to BT3Central, donor is given patronage level appropriate to the donation amount. This should not include any costs for S&H though. Just what goes into the pot for the site.
    #4. Winning bidder receives quality woodworking items at a good price and knowing they did their part for the community.
    #5. Everybody wins.

I am also thinking any items that might be too bulky to ship might be offered for local pickup, or even potentially sold to the winning bidder, as a donation to a legit charity, with the tax receipt to be given to the winning bidder. (I'd happily do that with my Firestorm miter saw...)

I need to verify, but I believe I have 2 items that would be of interest to this group that I can put on the auction block myself. Once I verify that I haven't sold or lost them, I will post it up.

If you have any items you'd like to put up for bid, feel free to post up here, or let myself, or one of the other moderators known and we will get it posted to an auction thread as soon as we can get this going!

Thanks again for your continued support of BT3Central!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Great idea. This can be an ongoing thing if folks are interested. I am hopeful that by the end of May or even before we can meet our annual funding goal. I am sure some folks are tired of having to scroll past it.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

In which forum should we post these?

Or should we possibly have an Auction or Fund Drive Forum? Or something else.

Another Question:
      How can we donate the funds to the BT3 Forum? Currently, if we decide to give $30 or $40, $80 or some amount other than the $10, $25, $50, $100 through PP, we have to resort to a check, or PP through several amounts.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Fantastic question... Mark or Sam, what say you about variable amount contributions? How does a member get funds to Sam and make sure it is marked for the BT3Central fund drive?
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• johnk
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2009

I'll try to donate!

Comment

Working...