X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

"Again, great for around the house and shop work- but so far I don't see these as replacing my Makita's at the worksite. "

I don't think that these were ever designed for anything but that, however just to see what they can do I fully charged both batterys and was able to run in 44, 1/4" X 6" lag bolts with the impact before it ever showed the slightest hint of bogging down the 1st battery, course this was in PT pine I had laying around not hardwood and the drill worked great afaic, flashlight not bright enough for me. But to suggest they were not worth the $150 for all 3 pieces I find a little hard to swallow considering the alternatives that are much higher priced. Agreed its no Mak or Bosch,but I'd say it hangs right in there with DeWalt,Craftsman,Skil,Ryobi and don't see those kits in this price category performing as well, with the Dewalt being the exception,but then again I bought 2 nice drill driver/impact Bosch sets a few months back for about the same price and they are about the same torque wise ,but the batts on the Bosch are higher ah rated and it will drive the same screw in about 7 seconds faster in a comparison test against my wife(slow on the trigger) using the PC and you can get a higher ah battery for these if you feel necessary, Not knockin your opinion just cautiously optomistic. I'm keepin one since its free to see how it holds up compared to the Bosch,DeWalt, impacts I currently own and use.Not sure about it as far as longevity,but overall a decent product from what I can garner so far.

Comment

Working...