X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnesmith
    • Jan 2003
    • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Buggers. Someone bought them all up. Check ebay in a few days.
    John

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

The places I can find them available they go for $143
      Erik

Comment

• frumper64
        Established Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Garland, Tx, USA.

Same here in the Dallas area - all the stores that show the $71 price show them as unavailable when you try to add to the cart, but the stores that show the full price all have them available. It seems a bit strange to me that ALL the stores with the lower price have none available, even to have them shipped to your home address. I went to the Garland store (which shows the full $143 price) and tried to get them to price match, but the basically told me to get lost.
        Jim
        64sedan_at_gmail.com

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

HEY Gang,These deals really are hit or miss most times and I usually get them because of my raport with the local mgmt at my store. This was in fact posted on another site Fatwallet yesterday, when that happens its like it goes viral and folks will in fact but them up and resell on CL and E-bay for a profit. Its truly an event to see what lengths folks will go to to get the sale. Unfortunately for most folks Lowes as well as HD monitor these sites now and will yank the product in some cases and ship it back to the manufacturer rather than sell. In my case I just got lucky(go figure) and beat the store mgr and corporate to the punch. There may still be some in stock in some stores and I would not discount(pun intended) them going lower in the near future, but for now its prolly a lost cause unless you have an out of the way store with low inventory and a mgr. that just wants a sale at any cost., Here's the link that was posted over at FW , http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1175034/
          Last edited by tommyt654; 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• FL Buckeye
            Established Member
            • Aug 2005
            • WC Florida and Crossville, TN
            • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

I found them in the Ocala, FL Lowe's (zip 34476) clearance end aisle towards the middle of the store and not even near the tool area. There were 6 there and I bought 2. As Tommy said it's going to be hit & miss. As far as battery size and capacity comment, I'm starting to prefer the smaller battery for most jobs as usually it has enough juice for the project, it recharges quicker while still using the second battery and it's much easier for this senior citizen to hold raised up for a longer period of time.
            Last edited by FL Buckeye; 03-08-2012, 09:00 PM.
            Lanny

The older you get, the better you used to be.

Comment

• SCBob
              Forum Newbie
              • Apr 2006
              • South Carolina
              • Ridgid ts24241

Checking at York, SC and Killian Rd, Columbia, SC this morning. Let you know what's up.

Comment

• frumper64
                Established Member
                • Feb 2004
                • Garland, Tx, USA.

Persistence pays off. I went back to the Garland store today prepared to argue with them about why they did not have it on clearance when the store in the next town did, at the $71.60 price (although they were indeed sold out). When the manager scanned the box to show me it wasn't on clearance, surprise, surprise, it scanned at $35.80 -- after an embarrassed silence, she mumbled something about the markdown report and out I walked with it for the $35.80 price.
                Jim
                64sedan_at_gmail.com

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008

Ahhh, Once again frumphopper you have snatched the pebble from the hand

Comment

• Cochese
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2010

I'll be checking again tomorrow. I may just buy one and argue later. I'm not very pushy though.
                    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• tommyt654
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008

Chris,check your message box

Comment

• BigguyZ
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2006
                        • Minneapolis, MN
                        • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Hopefully this helps someone.

I called one of the local stores during the day, and they had 4 in stock. I asked them to hold 2 for me. After work, I headed up there to pick them up, armed with the pic of the GA store receipt at $35. On the way, I realized that I was driving by a different store, so I decided to see if they had any to same myself the additional drive.

I went to their tools area and asked the associate if they had any in stock. He told me that they were being clearanced in Minneasota, and they didn't have any there. I confirmed that there were some store who had them, including the one I had called earlier. I asked him to confirm what they had them for, and he said "I don't know, but we have it listed for $29.99".

Went to the other store, grabbed the one on hold (they for some reason only had one of the two I asked to have held). I grabbed two more and headed for Customer Service. The rep called the MOD, who came over to see what's going on. I told him that the one store had this listed for $29.99, but that other stores were selling for around that price as well, and handed him the GA recipt. He told me that it was a different region, so he wouldn't match that. However, he said he would match the other store if they confirmed that they had it listed for that prioce (even though they didn't have any in stock).

The customer service girl called, and when she spoke to the tool guy he didn't even have to look it up- she said he knew what she was asking about and it was $29.99. The manager kinda shrugged and said that he'd match that price. Quick, easy, non-contentious.

Two for myself, one for my brother (if he wants it at cost). Now I just don't know if I shoudl keep the Craftsman set I got- even though they're technically different levels/ uses. The right angle driver might be handy.... but tha set cost as much as TWO of the PC sets!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• SCBob
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Apr 2006
                          • South Carolina
                          • Ridgid ts24241

Glad you guys did well. The tool guy in York said there was 1 in Pineville, but that's too far for me.

Comment

• Cochese
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2010

Lucky guys. I went back on Saturday with the image that Tommy posted. Manager told me the best he could do was 25% off. Walked.

I could understand if it was a store several states away, but we're talking less than 20 miles. I'll be sending an email to corporate.
                            I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• tommyt654
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
                              Lucky guys. I went back on Saturday with the image that Tommy posted. Manager told me the best he could do was 25% off. Walked.

I could understand if it was a store several states away, but we're talking less than 20 miles. I'll be sending an email to corporate.
                              Better hurry there's only 2 left there

Comment

• BigguyZ
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 2006
                                • Minneapolis, MN
                                • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I'll do a full tool review, I guess. But I think it's worth noting that although it's definitely worth the $30-$70 they're selling for clearanced, I definitely wouldn't have been happy having bought these for $150-$200... At least not compared to my Makita set (when it's not in need of repair, that is). I just don't feel the power there, and the batteries are only 1.1ah.

Again, great for around the house and shop work- but so far I don't see these as replacing my Makita's at the worksite.

Comment

Working...