X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Nice rolling workdesk

Bench or table, They have them marked down to $99 at all the HD'S in Atl. Glad I held off purchasing in Dec as with the Lowes 10% off drops them to $91, well worth it lined trays large enough for tool storage and adjustable height, get 2 make 1 large top and bind them together for a great rolling shop table, anyways gettem before they are gone,sellin fast, http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...368321&cj=true
    Last edited by tommyt654; 01-27-2012, 11:54 AM.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I could certainly use one, but the Memphis stores don't offer them at that discount. It would be worth it for me to go get one, just to save the time needed to make one - which I have in my plans for this spring/summer. Great deal!

I called a couple of stores in Memphis and they had the same sale but they were out!
    Last edited by leehljp; 01-27-2012, 01:22 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Tommy,

I want to thank you for posting this. I spent an hour and a half calling HD's in the area. (I was on hold for almost 30 minutes with one HD and finally hung up and called back. I found 3 at the 5th HD I called.

The lady said that they were out of the $99 carts but they had 3 for $149. She described it and I asked for the model number. It was the same as the number that you posted.

Before I could get the words out of my mouth to check the price, she said, "Hey, that $149 price tag is wrong. They are supposed to be $99."

"Do you want all three?"

Me: "Just 2, Can you hold 2 for me and I will be there in an hour?"

She replied, "Well, when I mark them down to the correct $99, the extra one will be gone when you get here, but I will put your name on them."

When I got there, sure enough the other one was gone. I got two!

I will say that this is NOT HF Rolling Work Bench quality. Man, these are Good! They are very HEAVY duty compared to HF and great looking too. Each box weighs 150 pounds and they list a weight capacity of 1500 lbs! They have some real heavy duty casters on them also. The lady that helped me said that they looked good enough to be used in the kitchen or covered patio. They do look very nice and not like "mechanics tool boxes and work benches"

I am in dire need of two work benches. I have the wood to build them but I just have not had the time and will not have time for several weeks at best. I am way behind on some pens that have been requested and promised since last fall. This fills the bill! I will put another layer of furniture grade 3/4 ply on top and add my 12" Rikon pen lathe to the top and get started soon.

I bought two HF 3 piece tool chests last November and filled the first one pronto with general mechanic tools. The second one was filled with woodworking tools, and I still hadn't taken my pen tools, chucks, chisels, calipers etc of of there boxes from Japan. This work bench will be ideal for that and a place for glues, finishes, sandpaper etc!

I will add the plywood as a second top layer and that shouldn't take but an hour or so.

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS! When I told LOML what I wanted to do after finding those, she said with a smile, go get them!
      Last edited by leehljp; 01-27-2012, 06:44 PM.
      Hank Lee

Comment

• tommyt654
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008

I got 2 also Hank, I had considered buying them a few weeks back at $199, (their that good), but passed and hope they might go lower, but yes I'm p/u mine tomorrow and just make sure when assembling them you make the adjustments to height you want during assembly as doing it later looks to be a PITA. Well built and sturdy IMO a good deal, Hope others might have gotten in on these,but like I said goin fast. Glad it worked out 4 ya Hank
        Last edited by tommyt654; 01-27-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• stevew
          Handtools only
          • Jun 2008

Just picked up 2 at the Tucker, Ga. HD for $99. One more was left at 10:00AM Saturday. Hurry. Turn left just after you enter the main entrance, then left on the first short aisle.
          These are industrial duty rolling benches that weigh about 150 pounds. They're really nice.

Comment

• stevew
            Handtools only
            • Jun 2008

And THANKS, Tommy, for the lead on these.

Comment

• justaguy
              Established Member
              • Jun 2006
              • Chesapeake VA

Can anybody post the store sku # ? Thanks

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by justaguy
                Can anybody post the store sku # ? Thanks
                SKU: 981-004 at the HD in Memphis. I guess they all use the same?
                Hank Lee

Comment

• justaguy
                  Established Member
                  • Jun 2006
                  • Chesapeake VA

Thank you for the SKU.. with your help I just purchased the last one in my area!

Comment

• annunaki
                    • Jan 2008
                    • White Springs, Florida
                    • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

Thank You Tommy

Just bought 5 in Florida ($299 to $99), plus 2 Cantilever shelf units ($99 to $49 to $39), and also got 10% Vet discounts as well.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

Comment

• tommyt654
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008

Just another heads up gang, I was able to use the 20% off HF coupon dropping the price down to $79 each, an even better deal. One thing you should do if you going to try to get some and yes they are still available. 1. Check the stores even those that say they don't I found 2 at the Roberts rd., Kennesaw store today after I p/u another purchase I had bought online(see below) there and yesterday while searching their inventory showed 0. 2. Check your boxes over carefully look for banged corners etc, you might garner an even better discount if they appear to possibly have damage. One of mine did but wasn't noticible until I got it home and fortunately it wasn't bad enough that I couldn't straighten it out with a ballpeen and a 2 x 4. 3. Lube the casters, there are lubriacation fittings on all 4 casters lube them as they seemed to roll better after I lubed them with some grease from my grease gun.Glad some folks are getting some, try the HF coupon if you already bought them go back to the store and get the credit for it, they'll usually do it. Also they have some Cree tactical 2 packs flashlights in some stores for $5 that are 65 lumens and run on 3 aa batterys, man these things are great, shoot a very bright beem out to about 100yrds, blinding all the cattle across the street tonight so I can go cow tipping later

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2007
                        • Buena Park, CA
                        • CM 21829

Those look nice. Do all four casters swivel, or just the locking ones?
                        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• tommyt654
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008

A'll 4 swivel, Here's a link to check inventory in your local stores, If you do not know your local store number look it up in the pdf file listed in this link , http://sd.site88.net/homedepot.html#, type in the sku# and then the store # starting with 0 if its only 3 digits, hope this may help tracking some down, but we all know about HD inventory control

Comment

• leehljp
                            Just me
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Tunica, MS
                            • BT3000/3100

The store that I got mine still shows three but I think that just hasn't been updated yet. One other store in the Memphis area shows 2 left. It happens to be the farthest away from me at about 70 miles.

I got the first one assembled and it is nice. Rolls great. Drawers are solid and slide smooth.

I had to make a modification in order to add my lathe on top. The casters add 8 inches to the height; the top and legs without the extension add 24 inches. And my lathe is about 12 inches to the turning line which makes it a total of about 44 inches. A little high for chisel work height but I can handle it. I am adding a larger 3/4 cabinet grade ply top to make it 24 by 48.

I will make the other one just as it is for a regular work table. I like these rolling work tables just fine!
                            Hank Lee

Comment

• RangerRick
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Jun 2011
                              • Mass.
                              • bt3000

How do the Lowes and HF coupons work at Home Depot and how do you get them? Thanks

Comment

Working...