• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iceman61
    • Oct 2007
    • West TN
    • Bosch 4100-09

Delta Mortising attachment 17-924 $40

While browsing through the tool department in Lowes yesterday, I noticed they had the Delta Mortising attachment 17-924 on clearance for $40 and some change (YMMV). The tool department manager offered it to me at $35 but I knew if I got to talk to the store manager during a busy day, chances are that he would discount it for half price.

I had seen the store manager several places in the store with another Lowes associate whom I found out was the executive VP for Lowes, so I decided to not bother him. There are still some Delta bargains out there since Lowes is phasing out Delta in favor of Porter Cable.
  • woodturner
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Western Pennsylvania
    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by iceman61
    Lowes is phasing out Delta in favor of Porter Cable.
    Um, Delta and Porter Cable are made by the same company. What do you mean Lowes is phasing out Delta? Haven't seen any indication of that around here.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• jimglassford
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2008

Delta Phase Out.

That phase out happened two years ago. The Porter Cable name is now the low low low end of things at Lowes. Two years ago, Lowes brought in the cheap Porter-Cable machinery such as the drill press and band saw to replace the Delta tools. Here in Michigan, the only Delta items left were the Mortising attachment and the drum sander for the drill press.

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

[QUOTE=woodturner;493547]Um, Delta and Porter Cable are made by the same company. QUOTE]

Not any longer. Delta was sold off a few months back.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

[QUOTE=sweensdv;493555]
          Originally posted by woodturner
          Um, Delta and Porter Cable are made by the same company. QUOTE]

Not any longer. Delta was sold off a few months back.
          It appears while PC and Delta were together, Delta moved the low end tools to PC and the new Delta is concentrating on the bigger, high end tools.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• iceman61
            • Oct 2007
            • West TN
            • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by woodturner
            Um, Delta and Porter Cable are made by the same company. What do you mean Lowes is phasing out Delta? Haven't seen any indication of that around here.
            At one time Delta, Porter Cable, DeWalt, and Black&Decker were all the same company, not sure which is still in the same group now. My local Lowes clearanced out Delta 3 years ago. If your's hasn't yet, keep your eye out for some sweet deals.

Comment

Working...