• Show
Clear All
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

HF 2hp 5 micron DC

$184.99 in the November flier. Not the best price ever, but a good one nonetheless.

SKU 97869

JR
    JR
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

October WOOD Magazine has a coupon for one for $149.99, good till sometime in Dec.

Comment

• toolguy1000
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • westchester cnty, ny

anybody know if the spec'd 1550 CFM of the 2 hp DC is accurate or realistic?
      there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by toolguy1000

I don't recall the exact figures but the CFM rating on this DC has been the subject of many threads on these boards. Again, I don't recall the exact figure that others have come up with but I believe it's much closer to 1000 CFM's than it is to 1550. Having said that, I have been very happy with this DC for years now. As long as you don't have too many really long runs and keep any unused blast gates closed this is a very adaquate DC.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by toolguy1000
          it pulls very close to 15 amps when running with no ducting. That makes it about 1800 W or 2.4 HP input. That might make it a 2 HP motor if the efficiency is ~80% typical for an induction motor.

I think the 1500 claimed CFM is probably very optimistic, fwiw. These kinds of measurements are very setup dependent and notoriously difficult to make. In the magazine reviews in the past I saw 900ish measured with real ducting (but it should be noted that most other DCs didn't make their claims either, the HF missed by more than most). Other 1500 CFM claimed DCs have bigger impellors and more power. CFMs are also greatly diminished when you add ducting, have pressure drops and have loaded up filters and esp if you have a reducers, cyclone cans etc. I have a 2HP HF DC I got a few years back and would say that its a good buy for the money even if not making 1500 cfms. It moves air to clear my table saw from the bottom but on occasion I spew a lot of dust from the top when making shaving cuts to final width--- I need to engage a top hose to the guard.
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-30-2011, 06:57 PM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...