Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2009

Home Depot Irwin Quick-Grip clamp pack for $24.95

I just picked up a clamp set in Sacramento Home Depot for $24.94 that has
    two 6" Mini One-Handed Bar Clamps,
    two 12" Mini One-Handed Bar Clamps,
    two 2" Resin Spring Clamps
    two 2" Handi-Clamps

The 2-pack of 12" bar clamp next to it cost $29.95, and the 2-pack 6" bar clamp costs $19.95

Is one set enough?

~Thi
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

lowes, Rockler from time to time have a four-pack of 6" minis quick grips for $19.95 which is a pretty good buy.

two 6" minis and two 12" minis for $25 is also a good buy (I don't think those smaller spring clamps are worth much to me.)

I have probably 20 of the 6" minis - I think I buy a four pack very time i see them on sale. Its my go-to clamp of choice.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jbrukardt
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2011

my freebie harbor freight knockoffs of those work well.

I get a free 12-incher every time i go to harbor freight with the coupon, I think I have about 10 of em by now

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

I picked one up Sunday. I had two free spots in my quick grip rack. I intended on getting another pair of 6"ers, but looking at the pricing I got the package.

Like Loring, I've got 20 of the 6" quick grips and a pair of the 12" now. The 12" ones will flex, but they should be handy when I need to lightly clamp something a litle bit longer than the 6" ones will handle.
        Erik

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
          Established Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Austin, TX

I just had a use for the small spring clamps this week...hanging 3mil poly to fashion a 'paint booth' in the garage. Just followed the door rails and some shelving above the door itself. Perfect application for the little guys.

I picked up a few larger Wilton clamps at Big Lots about 4 years ago and always check the Lowe's display for clearance(I have a number of Kobalt clamps). As Norm said, "You can never have too many clamps."

I'm thinking about trying to rig a Dewalt Track Saw 'track clamp' from one/two of my quick clamps. Shouldn't be too tough...the clamps don't need to handle much pressure to hold the track in place.

Comment

• DeuceLee
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2008

I'd hate to be a party pooper but this isn't that great of a bargain.

i've gotten this item before for $9.99 from menards during the holidays.

Comment

Working...