X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodwerker
    Established Member
    • Nov 2005

Harbor Freight Coupon Exclusions

Sorry if this is a repost but I have not seen any info posted. I took a trip to the local Harbor Freight with a 20% off coupon. I was looking for a polisher for my boat. While I did pick up a polisher at 20% off I noticed signs placed all over the store on red paper listing all of the exclusions for any coupons. The exclusions included Compressors, welders, tool boxes, generators, and floor jacks.
    That's like every tool I would buy with the coupon
    Things are changing, sad...
    Attached Files
    Every tool you own is broken, you just don't know it yet :-)
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

on the other hand, their prices are already dirt cheap, they're going to be 20% under anything you find at the box stores.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Cochese
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      on the other hand, their prices are already dirt cheap, they're going to be 20% under anything you find at the box stores.
      The big reason a lot of people were willing to try out HF stuff was that it was WAAAY more than 20% under with the coupon. Now without that benefit, you might as well pay the small premium and go elsewhere.

I know I will. Glad I got my compressor when I did.
      I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

The reason I liked using HF coupons was for the very reason of NOT having to read all the fine print about what you could and could not use it for. (And yes, I know that a preposition is the wrong word to end a sentence with. ) If I have to pull out a microscope to read all the exclusions, I'd just as soon go somewhere else and pay a little more.
        Richard

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

I also noticed the last flier I received, the "free" flashlight...no purchase required, is now "free" with any purchase.

Comment

• kevincan
            Established Member
            • Oct 2006
            • Central Illinois
            • Craftsman 21829

I just got an email from HF with a 25% off coupon good on 1/1. It had the same list of restrictions. I have so many of the 20% coupons that I use them even when I am buying smaller items to save a dollar or two.

Comment

• cybrshrk
              Forum Newbie
              • Oct 2005
              • New Jersey, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3100

Without coupons, I will most likely pass going to HF. Sad really because I've shopped there for years. The coupons made the big ticket items worth it. I won't drive all the way out to save a couple pennies. Like said before, I'll most likely pay the small premium and go name brand at the local big box. I expected bad things for HF as it's been in the news for awhile how bad the company is doing. The founder retired and his son took over the company and robbed the company blind. He bought some extremely expensive house in Cali. I think he may have also paid the most ever in the US for a piece of art...maybe a painting...not sure. Anyhow, the father has been trying to get his company back through the courts. He was banned from entering the company he started in his garage. Sad.
              Rob, aka CyBrShRk

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either...

Comment

• iceman61
                • Oct 2007
                • West TN
                • Bosch 4100-09

As much as I shop there, I never get any mailers or emails with coupons for some reason. It's up a shame too because I'm headed there in the next couple of days to get 2 heat guns.

Comment

• sweensdv
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • WI
                  • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Can you get there today? If so, here's a 25% off coupon. And, I'll even throw in a free multimeter.

Comment

• iceman61
                    • Oct 2007
                    • West TN
                    • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by sweensdv
                    Can you get there today? If so, here's a 25% off coupon. And, I'll even throw in a free multimeter.
                    Thank you! I'm trying to get out the door now.

Comment

Working...