X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duncsuss
    Established Member
    • Oct 2009

MLCS $19.95 deals etc.

Just got an email flyer from MLCS, they're running a few deals including a few items priced at $19.95 ...

LINK

I think the "big red" power switch is a good deal -- needs to be wired to the appliance, but it's rated 20A where the ones I've seen other places are only rated 15A.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

That safety switch looks great. I don't like the switch, or switch location on my HF bandsaw, this would be a GREAT upgrade. And I need a router table switch...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• phrog
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2005
      • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

I know little about electronics. Can that big red Stop Switch be used with both universal and induction motors?

I have one of the Small Parts Holders. Works great if you don't want to get your hands or fingers too close.
      Richard

Comment

• duncsuss
        Established Member
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by phrog
        I know little about electronics. Can that big red Stop Switch be used with both universal and induction motors?
        should be fine -- as far as I can tell, its just a switch (no electronics involved)

Comment

• RAFlorida
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2008
          • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
          • Ryobi BT3000

I've not yet looked at the link, but

motors, when turned OFF, has a long and stronge arch at the contacts. You really need switches that's rated for motors.

The add says for router motor, should be ok for a saw.
          Last edited by RAFlorida; 12-08-2010, 01:55 PM. Reason: read the link...

Comment

• AlanWS
            Established Member
            • Dec 2003
            • Shorewood, WI.

Grizzly has paddle switches for an even better price, but unless you are buying something else, the shipping makes it a little higher than the MLCS price.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/110-...f-Switch/H8243
            Alan

Comment

Working...