X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Ryobi Miter Saw stand

Just heard that this has or is being reduced to $79 at Home Depot in case someone needs one. I have it and it is a very strong,stable mitersaw stand IMO, http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...368321&cj=true
  • aggrex
    Established Member
    • Jan 2009
    • PA
    • Ridgid

Nice find for 79...it may not have the wheels but it doesnt weigh a ton like the wheeled versions and IMO it was more stable than the Dewalt (less side-to-side movement).

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I have had this stand for several years now and love it. I use it with my Ridgid 10" CMS. This thing will hold up to 400 lbs, according to the specs, which makes it about the strongest stand on the market.

No wheels, but it folds up to be a fairly narrow load to carry and I've lugged it up and down stairs and in and out of my van with no problem. I've even set it up easily, holding the weight in one hand and unfolding the legs with the other.

Also should mention that this thing will fit into the back of the van horizontally, without having to fold any of the seats down. The extensions go out a good distance and they supports hold stock up well. I do keep the supports in a separate bag for transport.

Good buy at $100, and a great buy/bargain at $79.

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

I picked up one that was a return a few years back for $50. (one leg has a minor issue) I think the ONLY things that MIGHT make me think twice are:
        1: The clamps are sold INDIVIDUALLY instead of in a pair
        2: This says not to use a 12" sliding miter saw on it, and I am not sure about the new Bosch saw (not sliding) that I am considering.

Other then that, it is wonderful.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• tedkitch
          • Jul 2006
          • NE Suburbs, Chicago
          • Ryobi BT3100 What else is there?

I have had one for a few years and it is very, very sturdy. I bet it would support more than 400 lbs.

I don't use it much anymore as I mounted my CMS to a folding table with wheels. If you are the in the Chicago area and what it, I would sell it for $50.
          Ted Kitch

Comment

• Cubsfan
            Established Member
            • Jan 2004
            • CO.

How big is this thing when it folds up? I'd love to have my miter saw on it all the time, but it'll also have to move out of the way to get the car in the garage.

Comment

• twistsol
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
              • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I'm working at home today so I just wandered out to the garage to measure it. It folds up to about 12" x 15" x 55" with the saw pulled off of it. I've had mine for three or four years and I love it.
              Chr's

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

I should mention that some CMS saws will mount directly to the two mounting brackets, providing that the CMS's mounting holes are parallel, front to back. If the holes are offset, as they are on my Ridgid, then you'll need to mount the saw to a piece of plywood, and that to the clamps.

They do sell additional mounting brackets, and as mentioned earlier, they are not sold in "pairs". But, one may have use for a single bracket for whatever reason, so I think selling them individually is not a bad thing. These brackets sit on the stands' top rail tubes, front first and then rock back to sit on the back rail tube. Once in position, the locking handles move downwar to securely clamp onto the rail tubes. (The clamp handles are almost identical to the fence clamp on my BT3100-1.)

I hope this helps,

CWS
                Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...