• Show
Clear All
  • SHADOWFOX
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • IL, USA.
    • DELTA 36-675

Amazon Gold Box Deals on Milwaukee Router Bits

Saw this while browsing through the Tools & Home Improvement section of Amazon Gold Box Deals. Some of the bits start @ $4.99 and saw some raised panel ones for $9.99 ordered me a few.

Link

Regards,
    Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Those raised panel bits for $10 are a really nice deal. They're a little smaller than the standard 3-1/2" panel raisers, but a size I've often wished I had.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Kevin2010
      Forum Newbie
      • May 2010

How do I find matching rail and stile set?
      They must match the raised panel bit perfectly, right? Thanks.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Kevin2010
        ...They must match the raised panel bit perfectly, right? Thanks.
        Not really...the style and rail set must match each other perfectly in order for the cope and stick joint to fit well, but the panel only needs to fit in the slot that the rail and style set makes....and that's a floating panel so fit isn't precise. Pretty much mix and match with the panel raising bit.

Holbren, Rockler, Infinity, Freud, Amazon, Woodcraft, MLCS, Hartville Tool, Eagle, Woodline, Grizzly, etc.
        Last edited by Knottscott; 08-16-2010, 12:56 PM.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• tohellwithuga
          Established Member
          • Jan 2007
          • GA

Good deals, thanks for posting. One of the raised panel bits went OOS before I could check out, but I added a couple others that I didn't have.

Comment

• natausch
            Established Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Aurora, IL
            • BT3000 - 15A

Yeah thanks much, grabbed a few bits I could use backups for, very cheap.

Comment

• duncsuss
              Established Member
              • Oct 2009

Ditto on the thanks!

Now to wait for a good price on rail & stile bits ...

Comment

• Cochese
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2010

Thanks for that. Got both panel raising bits, two slot cutters and a mortising and dovetail bit for under $40 shipped. Can't beat that, and will help fill out my new table nicely.
                I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• Cochese
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2010

All but one have already shipped. I love Amazon.
                  I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• SettleThePuck
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jul 2010

I'm in for a few. Seems like good deal. Thanks.

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Austin, TX

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
                      All but one have already shipped. I love Amazon.
                      Dr. Phil can help you with that .

Plenty of times I wished we were back in the ATL, land of ~60 BORGs and ~40 Lowe'ses...competition is a wonderful thing!

Comment

• duncsuss
                        Established Member
                        • Oct 2009

Amazon nonsense

Not sure about the quality of Amazon service ... I ordered 3 items, they claim to have shipped one item last Thursday (but I haven't seen it yet), one item yesterday, and this morning I got an email telling me the third item was out of stock at their supplier so they canceled that item from my order. (Naturally, it was the door-lip bit which I actually planned to use first!)

So I went to the site. The door-lip bit still shows as available so I tried buying it again, signed up for a free trial of "Prime" to get the 2-day shipping.

Will it miraculously turn up? Does their ordering system talk to their stock control system? Gosh, the excitement ...

Comment

• Kevin2010
                          Forum Newbie
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by duncsuss

Will it miraculously turn up? Does their ordering system talk to their stock control system? Gosh, the excitement ...
                          There should be plenty of this bit in stock.

I am curious what type of the cabinet door this bit can be used on. Is it European style frame-less door? And do you route the whole edge (1 side) or just a small section?

As to the bits on sales this time, I am wonder if the qualities are good after a closer look of the bits I received since I found that:
                          1. On the label of all boxes, the "Made in Italy..." was covered with correction tape. But on the bit shank it says "made in Italy". It is suspicious.

2. On the raised panel bit, around the edge where they weld the cutting blade on, I can see uneven wielding spots (or even small tiny holes). I don't know if that is common for this kind of large bit since I never own one before.

I haven't tried them yet. How is yours?

Comment

• duncsuss
                            Established Member
                            • Oct 2009

I have no experience with these bits -- my idea was to route across the entire bottom edge of a door (or drawer front) so it doesn't need a handle.

I guess a small section would work too -- it just needs to give your fingers a place to pull.

Originally posted by Kevin2010
                            How is yours?
                            Mine haven't arrived yet -- don't know when they'll show up

I believe if the item itself says "Made in Italy", then to comply with US law it must have been made in Italy. (That would be okay with me.)

Comment

• woodturner
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2008
                              • Western Pennsylvania
                              • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by duncsuss

I believe if the item itself says "Made in Italy", then to comply with US law it must have been made in Italy. (That would be okay with me.)
                              Sort of. If a product is labelled "made in USA", it must be "all or substantially made in the US":
                              According to the Commission’s 1997 U.S. Origin Claims Enforcement Policy Statement, for a product to be advertised or labeled as “Made in U.S.A,” the product must be “all or virtually all” made in the United States – that is, all significant parts and processing must be of U.S. origin, and the product should contain no (or negligible) foreign content.
                              http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/07/evs.shtm

That's why US brand cars are not advertised as "made in USA" - they don't meet this requirement. Ironically, only some foreign brand cars meet this requirement.

The FTC imposes less stringent standards for items made in other countries - so a "made in Italy" could be made almost anywhere, as long as 51% or more of the value is added in Italy.
                              --------------------------------------------------
                              Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

Working...