• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jabe
    • Apr 2006
    • Hilo, Hawaii
    • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Motorola Droid

Amazon is selling the Motorola Droid A855 $19.99 w/2 yr. service plan.
    I bought it last week for $24.99 w/2 yr serv. plan but they gave 2 day shipping free. This is not a wood working tool but its a deal U can not pass up if your current cellphone plan has expired.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Excellent timing, my daughters are all headed out to pick up new phones tomorrow as their Verizon plan just expired. This could save me a fortune.
    Chr's

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

But the plans are kinda pricey compared to Sprint. The Verizon family plan w/ 1400 minutes + text is $110 for the first phone, and $10 for each additional phone. Then, if you want data, they charge you another $30 per phone per month.

For comparison, Sprint offers a family package (1400-minutes) that is all inclusive (text and data), for $140 a month ($10 for each additional phone).

So if you purchased four phones and added data to all four, the Verizon contract would cost an extra $2160 during the life of a 2-year contract (compared to Sprint).

Comment

• iceman61
        • Oct 2007
        • West TN
        • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by cgallery
        But the plans are kinda pricey compared to Sprint. The Verizon family plan w/ 1400 minutes + text is $110 for the first phone, and $10 for each additional phone. Then, if you want data, they charge you another $30 per phone per month.

For comparison, Sprint offers a family package (1400-minutes) that is all inclusive (text and data), for $140 a month ($10 for each additional phone).

So if you purchased four phones and added data to all four, the Verizon contract would cost an extra $2160 during the life of a 2-year contract (compared to Sprint).
        With a Droid (or any other smart phones) it's not a case of "if you want a data plan". They tell you that you have to have a data plan with these phones, so figure in the $30 with it. On the other hand, I have a Motorola Droid & love it. Just still not crazy about the extra $30 I pay a month. But I do use the unlimited data & email all the time now that I have it. I even surf the BT3 Central forum with it.
        Last edited by iceman61; 03-28-2010, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• tsbrewers
          Established Member
          • Mar 2006

if it worked on sprint I would be grabbing this for the wife too. i pay $30 a month for 500 anytime and unlimited everything else. Unlimited N/W, texts, web, picture mail, etc. my old touch pro works great on it with no extra data plan charges either. I don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Brew

Comment

• aarenlainey

I bought Droids for my wife and I on launch day, and they are wonderful, awesome, stupendous phones.I've had many smartphones, but this is my wife's first one. Anyway, Motorola is poised to release the Android 2.1 update for Droid Any Day Now, (with two false starts in the bag already), and that puts it in the exact same software class as Google's own Nexus 1, and the Droid has had better hardware all along.

Comment

Working...