• Show
Clear All
  • vanguard
    Established Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Brighton, MI, USA.
    • Ridgid TS2400SL

HF Magazine Ads

It seems like magazine ads from HF are better than the mailings/emails. I just got my latest copy of Ask This Old House magazine and it has a 20% off coupon, plus the following:

2HP Dust Collector $139.99
    10 SCMS $79.99
    OSS $79.99
    4" Belt/6" Disc Sander for $49.99
  • Lee4847
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Canton, Oh
    • BT3100

Same Add

I see the same adds and 20% off coupons in the Good Sam RV magazine. It seems like every other issue has one in there.
    Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

They run them in Wood and in American Woodworker, too. The good thing is that the expiration dates are usually extended, too.

Comment

• Ozzie
        Established Member
        • Mar 2005
        • Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.

Even have an ad in Readers' Digest.
        Ozzie

Comment

• BrentM
          Forum Newbie
          • Jun 2009
          • central fl
          • craftsman

I have noticed that the magazine prices seem to be the sale price - 20%. For example, the dust collector is usually $180 on sale. $140 is the magazine price, or about 20% less.
          Don't think of it as losing a finger. Think of it as gaining a nub.

Comment

• seabat
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2008
            • Liberty Lake, WA

I took my Mopar Muscle magazine and walked into the local HF and showed them the coupon and bought the 115 Piece Titanium Nitride Coated M2 High Speed Steel Drill Bit Set for $34 out the door ...

Comment

• phi1l
              • Oct 2009
              • Madison, WI

Here we get them in the local paper.

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

I have recently seen HF coupons in the coupon insert of the Sunday paper as well...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• tjr
                  Established Member
                  • Oct 2008
                  • at the falls of the Ohio
                  • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

We get them about one Sunday per month in our Courier-Journal newspaper. They had included a free flashlight, 20% off any item, and a few other usual coupons plus a bunch of stuff from the regular sale flyers. Last Sunday they changed from free flashlight to free 25' tape measure. Picked one up, it's pretty nicely marked. Time will tell on durability; so far it's worth every penny of what I paid. Used the 20% on an infrared thermometer or I should say that my Valentine used it as a gift for me. Handy to have to see if she really has the hots for ya

Comment

• jbrain
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Mar 2007
                    • roseville california
                    • Bt3100

Whatever one's opinion is on Harbor Freight, there are great deals to be had if researched properly. I am VERY happy with several deals so far. The magazines I subscribe to all seem to have the 20% off every issue.

Comment

• tommyt654
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008

Those 20% off coupons are also widely accepted here in Atl. at Home Depot and Lowes,but only the magazine coupons for some reason, They will not take an internet printout but will take the magazine coupon,Weird,Tommyt

Comment

• Red88chevy
                        Established Member
                        • Sep 2004
                        • Midland, Texas.

Thanks for the tip about the coupon, I needed one to purchase a floor nailer, and found the one in Old House magazine. A $5 magazine is a good buy to save $30.

Comment

• Zappacat
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Feb 2010
                          • Lawrence, Kansas USA

I don't understand this harbor freight 20% off deal. Does HD honor these 20% off coupons on merchandise that is similar? What can I do with a 20% off coupon from Harbor Freight at Home Depot? Thanks
                          I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records!

OzFloyd

Comment

• sscherin
                            • Dec 2003
                            • Kennewick, WA, USA.

Funny thing.. I use my 20% coupon for a multi meter and got the Free flashlight on Monday..
                            The girl at the register cut out the flashlight coupon and kept it but just scanned the 20% and gave it back..

I guess I can go again?
                            William's Law--
                            There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
                            cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Comment

• toolguy1000
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • westchester cnty, ny

Zappacat...my experience with HDs honoring of HF coupons has been largely a store by store thing. some managers and staff don't, some do. wheni discovered a new ridgid tp1300 planer at a bronx NY HD, the ASM on duty took off $75 and had his staff honor the 20% HF coupon, applied to the original $400 price. so that saved another $80. then they took off another $40 ($400x10%) as a price match discount. total reduction/savings: $195. out the door @ $222.

at another HD 20 mins away from the above HD, they refused to honor the 20% HF. took a call to corporate to get them to honor the coupon, but they refused to pony up the 10% price match discount like the first HD had done.

the moral of the story: it always pays to ask and don't be embarrassed to escalate the request and call corporate CS.
                              there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...