• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

New Craftsman 22116 Granite Top TS on sale for ~ $662

The new granite top 22116 (very similar to the Steel City 35930) is on sale at Sears for $863 after "Online only. Buy more save more on tools Sold by Sears" discount of $132. Craftsman Club discount shaves another $115, $5 off $50 with SEARSLOVE coupon code, and there's another $86 Cashback if you originate your search thru Bing.com. $663 if you can pick it up in-store makes this a pretty slick deal IMHO....if necessary, even the $65 for shipping makes it pretty reasonable.

Save $5 off your $50 purchase with coupon SEARSLOVE -$5.00 Online only. Buy more save more on tools Sold by Sears. -$132.00 Item Total $ 862.99
    Subtotal: $ 862.99 Est. Craftsman Club Discount: -$115.00Coupon: - $ 5.00
    Est. Pre-tax Total: $ 747.99
    10% Cashback from Bing

$ 86.29

Total = $661.70 with in-store pickup
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

After all the disasters with the Ridgid R4511 tops cracking, and production problems, I am somewhat surprised that these saws would sell...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I've only read of 3 of the Ridgid tops cracking...two behind the insert opening, one on a wing from overtightening...Haven't heard of any cracking from Steel City. The two that were cracked were given new tops under warranty, but both owners stated that they haven't bothered changing the tops yet because the crack hasn't interfered with the function of the saw. I've heard of several that have chipped, but I believe that's easily repaired. FWIW, GI has recently introduced a granite top hybrid...50-240GT.
      Last edited by Knottscott; 02-07-2010, 07:48 AM.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Charlie
        Banned
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Knottscott
        I've only read of 3 of the Ridgid tops cracking...two behind the insert opening, one on a wing from overtightening...Haven't heard of any cracking from Steel City. The two that were cracked were given new tops under warranty, but both owners stated that they haven't bothered changing the tops yet because the crack hasn't interfered with the function of the saw. I've heard of several that have chipped, but I believe that's easily repaired. FWIW, GI has recently introduced a granite top hybrid...50-240GT.
        Scott, thats 3 too many, and only the ones you know about in the very short time that the granite tops have been out. Another red flag is that Steel City hasn't updated their website since 2008. For those that don't know, the Craftsman, RIDGID, and Steel City are made by the same company. And just because Grizzly is doing it doesn't mean that it's a great thing.
        Last edited by Charlie; 02-07-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• newbie2wood
          Established Member
          • Apr 2004
          • NJ, USA.

If you apply any coupon, you risk losing the bing cashback.
          ________
          Vaporizer Video Review
          Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• mschrank
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2004
            • Hood River, OR, USA.
            • BT3000

Originally posted by dbhost
            After all the disasters with the Ridgid R4511 tops cracking, and production problems, I am somewhat surprised that these saws would sell...
            You mentioned this in another post...I've had my eye on this saw for awhile now and keeping up on it, and I just haven't seen more than one or two random incidents mentioned. Your posts make it sound like a wide-spread, common problem. Could you provide more info, please?
            Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• Stytooner
              Roll Tide RIP Lee
              • Dec 2002
              • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
              • BT3100

The riving knives for both the Ridgid R4511 and this craftsman are identical.
              The Steel City 35-900 is just a hair different from both of these. That may mean that parts could be available from three different sources on these.
              Lee

Comment

• uglystick
                Established Member
                • Jan 2006
                • Garland, TX, USA
                • Ridgid R4511 Granite top

Hmm... according to the specs, the Ridgid is 53 lbs. heavier than the Sears. HercULift accounts for part of that, but where's the rest of the weight difference?
                -Kendall

Comment

• Stytooner
                  Roll Tide RIP Lee
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                  • BT3100

Originally posted by uglystick
                  Hmm... according to the specs, the Ridgid is 53 lbs. heavier than the Sears. HercULift accounts for part of that, but where's the rest of the weight difference?
                  Not really sure about the weight difference.
                  I do know that Craftsman branded stuff can differ a bit from the other name branded models they are based on.
                  The BT's and the Craftsman equivalents are evidence of this.
                  Lee

Comment

• natausch
                    Established Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • Aurora, IL
                    • BT3000 - 15A

Putting on my prediction hat, but I'd hold off on purchasing one of these in the near future. Sears has always had a hard time passing the additional cost of shipping on to the customer.

If we start seeing new versions of granite top tools then maybe, otherwise this experiment will probably end with Sears clearing out and SC moving on to a different model.

Comment

• dbhost
                      Slow and steady
                      • Apr 2008
                      • League City, Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by mschrank
                      You mentioned this in another post...I've had my eye on this saw for awhile now and keeping up on it, and I just haven't seen more than one or two random incidents mentioned. Your posts make it sound like a wide-spread, common problem. Could you provide more info, please?
                      Just seen issues with them on various forums. Google R4511 top cracked, I am sure you will find posts about it. A casual look around shows multiple complaints on SMC, Lumberjocks, Wood Whisperer, Ridgid Forum, etc... May be the same people, but enough to get me REAL leery of these saws...
                      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...