• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wooddan
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2009
    • Wenatchee, Washington

50% off hand tools at Fred Meyer

Just went and grabbed some last minute stocking stuffers at Fred Meyer and found all hand tools at 50% off!! Our store has some decent tools to choose from.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Where is local to you?
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Fred Meyer is a store chain in the Pacific Northwest. Only place I have ever seen them is in Oregon... Not sure if they are anywhere else...

As I recall they are sort of like a Wal Mart Super Center but with better stuff.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by dbhost
        Fred Meyer is a store chain in the Pacific Northwest. Only place I have ever seen them is in Oregon... Not sure if they are anywhere else...

As I recall they are sort of like a Wal Mart Super Center but with better stuff.
        Fred Meyers is owned by Krogers.

I would imagine that Krogers would have about the same product line up.
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Mr__Bill
          Veteran Member
          • May 2007
          • Tacoma, WA
          • BT3000

They are in Washington and Oregon, perhaps other surrounding states, I don't know as I have never looked for them elsewhere.. Our local store has the same deal I'll have to look and see if they have power tools on sale after Christmas. I picked up a bunch of little screwdrivers for every one I know, handed them out saying, "just in case you have a screw loose."

Bill,
          Merry Christmas

Comment

• wooddan
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2009
            • Wenatchee, Washington

Hey Mark, I am in Wenatchee, Washington. This is central Washington State for those who don't know the nw.

Comment

• Photojosh
              Established Member
              • Aug 2009
              • Washington (the state)

A shame I'm stuck at my inlaws for a few days. There are plenty of little things that would be worth getting at 50% off from the Freddy's tool aisle.

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Black wallnut
                Fred Meyers is owned by Krogers.

I would imagine that Krogers would have about the same product line up.
                I have never once seen camping equipment or clothes at a Krogers. Like I said, Fred Meyer is more like Wal Mart Super Centers but with better stuff... We had a Fred Meyer less than a half mile away from the house when I grew up...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Photojosh
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • Washington (the state)

Originally posted by dbhost
                  I have never once seen camping equipment or clothes at a Krogers. Like I said, Fred Meyer is more like Wal Mart Super Centers but with better stuff... We had a Fred Meyer less than a half mile away from the house when I grew up...
                  FWIW, I believe another difference between FM and WalMart is that the Freddy's workers are union.
                  Last edited by Photojosh; 12-24-2009, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• pacwind3
                    Established Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • Vancouver, WA
                    • Bosch 4100

Here is an off topic that I happen to know quite a bit about as I once met Fred Meyer when I was a kid. He started a northwest grocery store chain, but the idea was "one stop shopping". I am not old enough to remember, but way back you used to have to go to a butcher, and a produce stand etc. Ole' Fred put them all under one roof, and he threw in clothing, auto parts, toys, furniture among other products all in one store.
                    I've grown up with "Freddy's" as it's known locally so it didn't seem so novel to me. I don't honestly know where the first store was, but we lived down the street from the one in Gresham Oregon. Fred also invested in a strip mall across the street from that Gresham Freddy's.
                    I was there when they opened the strip mall and have the distinction of being the grandson of the man who walked up to Mr. Meyer and said: "you know what you did wrong with this thing? No bathrooms, people have to cross a 4 lane hwy to pee".

Comment

• Mr__Bill
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2007
                      • Tacoma, WA
                      • BT3000

Originally posted by pacwind3
                      I was there when they opened the strip mall and have the distinction of being the grandson of the man who walked up to Mr. Meyer and said: "you know what you did wrong with this thing? No bathrooms, people have to cross a 4 lane hwy to pee".
                      Laughing, yup Freddys have good bathrooms

Bill
                      over here in a sad little town where Freddys is the place to shop

Comment

• KC7CN
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Aug 2007
                        • Deltona, Florida
                        • PowerMatic 64A

Originally posted by pacwind3
                        ..... He started a northwest grocery store chain, but the idea was "one stop shopping"....
                        I guess this makes me old! I remember shopping at Freddy's when Fred G Meyer had the One-Stop-Shopping. And it was truly a one-of-a-kind, fun store to shop. I bought my 2HP Air Compressor at Freddy's, and it's still going strong. The tool department was well supplied with name brand tools. Better than what you can find at the BORG today. The stores also included a lumber department - not huge, but still a good selection of lumber, plywood, moldings, etc. I also lived through the transition to the five and dime store they have today. That was sad!

I think the first store was in Portland, Oregon - they're all over Oregon and Washington now. They often have items marked 30% off (equal to the regular price at Lowe's).

-Don

Comment

• Photojosh
                          Established Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • Washington (the state)

Originally posted by KC7CN
                          I also lived through the transition to the five and dime store they have today. That was sad!
                          I'm not really sure what makes today's freddy's a "five and dime". They carry pretty standard name-brand stuff in the "department" area and all the typical stuff in the grocery area that you'd find in any grocery store. When I think of low-rent stores, freddy's isn't really on that list.

Comment

• wooddan
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Nov 2009
                            • Wenatchee, Washington

I must be old also!! I remember our Fred's having Delta , PC, dewalt and many others with great prices. I scored when they closed it all out, but the selection now is not the greatest. Just the inexpensive B&D stuff and some other off brands. They just recently added Makita back into the store, maybe more brands to come! I do miss the lumber and such since this store is a couple blocks from the house.

Comment

• KC7CN
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Aug 2007
                              • Deltona, Florida
                              • PowerMatic 64A

Originally posted by Photojosh
                              I'm not really sure what makes today's freddy's a "five and dime". They carry pretty standard name-brand stuff in the "department" area and all the typical stuff in the grocery area that you'd find in any grocery store. When I think of low-rent stores, freddy's isn't really on that list.
                              You're right! I shouldn't have used that phrase! They deserve credit for operating a clean and decent department store.

-Don

Comment

Working...