• Show
Clear All
  • fastfoodkills
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2008
    • Saugus, CA
    • BT3000 bought in Y2K; Replaced w/ Steel City cast iron 3 HP

($30.00) Hitachi 18 gauge Brad Nailer Recon'd

Just picked up a nicely made Hitachi brad nailer shipped for $30.00. The fit and finish is flawless so for a reconditioned unit, it was a nice surprise.

I ran a number of test fires with some HF brads and the gun was more efficient that than the old HF gun that only lasted for 4 hours.

The picture in the link seems to be of the newer series - mine if the older metallic green finish. It's also made in Taiwan and included a new set of goggles and a blow-molded polyethylene case.

I've had good luck with their tools so far: P13F planer, 18V Ni-Cad combo set and 1/4 sheet finishing sander.

For those not too far from the Santa Clarita, CA area, Hitachi has a huge Western distribution center that stocks spare parts and accessories. Picked up a nice thin kerf 24T rip blade there (French made) for about $26.00.
  • knudln
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2006

Spend $5 more and get the much more usable 2" model.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by knudln
      Spend $5 more and get the much more usable 2" model.
      http://www.reconditionedsales.com/Hi...d)___i320.aspx

Good advice for any 18 ga brad nailer. The 2" capacity has a lot more utility. Esp for nailing 1-bys to anything.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• fastfoodkills
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2008
        • Saugus, CA
        • BT3000 bought in Y2K; Replaced w/ Steel City cast iron 3 HP

Yes, that 2" model is an exceptional price. I didn't notice it the other day when I ordered the 1-1/4" one.

Comment

• liftoff621@hotmail.com
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2005
          • San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA.
          • Craftsman 22124

I've Got One

I have the 2" reconditioned model. It worked flawlessly for installing baseboards throughout my entire house. It looked brand new. A great deal!

Comment

Working...