X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Should I grab this quick

As some of you know I,ve been unemployed for 14 months now due to a shattered ankle. I have to go for what I hope will be my final surgery after the holidays and will be in recovery for a few more months. I have been supplementing my income by buying and reselling tools I buy on Craigslist after cleaning them up and putting them in better than original workin order to resell. I saw this BT-3100 today and will p/u tomorrow if its as good as it looks, What do ya think, a steal, or no deal,...http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/tls/1499705151.html
  • eezlock
    • Feb 2006
    • Charlotte,N.C.
    • BT3100

should I grab this quick

If you have the extra money...sure, and especially if you already have some
    potential buyer's in mind who are looking/needing this stuff.Might come in handy to have in case someone gets a little cash for Christmas and needs some good tools.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

You could part it out and make more then that I would think. Heck, I wish I had the jig saw closer, it looks like the 1590 which I would like, but can't justify.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

If it's all there and working, that's a really good deal. Even if you parted it out, you should be able to recoup your buy on the motor alone, and the rest would be gravy...

Comment

• JSUPreston
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Montgomery, AL.
          • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

At those prices, if they turn on, looks like a good buy to me. I don't have any experience with that router or jigsaw, but I do have the sander. Haven't been pleased with it. I have never been able to get the table to stay aligned, but for rough sanding and shaping, it seems to do the job. Of course, the saw is a good one.
          "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

If I was close by that it would be a moot point, I would have snatched it already...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• tommyt654
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008

Well between 2 trips, 1 to Canton, Ga back home to unload and then to Dallas, Ga, back home I,m out $120, $20 for the bandsaw and $100 even for the BT-3100 and the PC Router + 1/2 tank of gas but worth every penny.
              Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                The Full Monte
                • May 2007
                • Sunshine State
                • BT3000

YOU SUCK

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008

Gotta love people, The guy who sold me the router just e-mailed me wanting my address. Apparently while rooting around in his basement he found the case and wrenches for the router and is mailing them to me rather than me drive down to get them. Some people are just too kind.

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Sweet score. Great seller for sure...
                    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...