• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Infinity 010-380 80T 10" Melamine/Veneer Blade $49.99

Here's an Infinity 010-380 blade that I have not tried, but any other Infinity product I've tried has been world class. It's rare to see a sale price this low from them (reg. $79.99). They also have the 010-060 crosscut blade on sale for $60, the Combomax Lite (TK) 50T on sale for $60, and their 24T TK ripper on sale for $46...all of which I have tried and am very fond of.

"This Multi-Purpose saw blade is ideal for virtually any project requiring smooth cuts in melamine, thin-walled aluminum, non-ferrous metals, plastic and even delicate veneered plywood.

This blade features a 5° negative hook to avoid tearing the workpiece. When cutting aluminum please take special care to be sure the workpiece is secure, controlled and free of vibration.

Every saw blade is given our exclusive Nickel Armor™ coating. This tough and durable Nickel coating extends the life of your blade by preventing rust and eliminating pitch and resin build-up. "

Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • pbui3057
    Established Member
    • Jul 2008
    • Mather, CA
    • BT3000

How is this blade in comparison?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...080&lpage=none

I just recently saw that my Lowes is carrying CMT blades and I am thinking I need an 80 tooth blade for my miter saw.

Comment

• jtrcy
      Established Member
      • Jan 2005

What do you bet it's a lower-spec'd blade CMT is making only for Lowes?

Be wary of anything resembling a decent blade at Lowes or HD - they may not exist...

JT

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by pbui3057
        How is this blade in comparison?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...080&lpage=none

I just recently saw that my Lowes is carrying CMT blades and I am thinking I need an 80 tooth blade for my miter saw.
        Good question. The regular ITK series is CMT's lesser line...still pretty good though. It's roughly comparable to the Freud Diablo line, but this one looks very different from the standard ITK series. Hard to know without trying it. The Infinity and the CMT have different tooth grinds though....the Infinity is a triple chip (TCG) with a -5° hook. That'll hold up real well, and excels at melamine, laminates, ply. The CMT has a 15° positive hook and is a Hi-ATB grind, which is typically great in plywood and ultra fine crosscuts but tends to wear faster. 15° is a bit on the steep side for CMS, but is ok...you could even use it in your TS. It's not recommended for SCMS or RAS.

My concern is how well that particular CMT is made...if the Lowe's version is similar to the CMT ITK 255.080.10, it should be very clean cutting blade. If the CMT blade fits the bill, I'd be more inclined to order the 255.080.10 from Amazon "Market Place" (World Class Supply) for ~ $60 to your door...that way you know what you're getting. FWIW, I did have a CMT ITK 255.080.10 and thought it was a really nice 80T Hi-ATB blade....not quite on par with the Freud LU80 or the Forrest Duraline, but a nice blade.

Last edited by Knottscott; 12-06-2009, 08:09 PM.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...