• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Hitachi 14.4V Impact Driver/2 Batts/Charger - $49

ReconditionedSales.com has the Hitachi WH14DAF2 14.4V 1/4" Hex Impact Driver for $49 shipped. I've got the 12v version and really like it. I'd love to jump on this but I don't dare this time of year!

Somebody please buy one so I can live in peace knowing someone got one!

Includes:
    Two (2) 1.4 Ah Batteries
    Quick Charger
    Carrying Case
    Last edited by Knottscott; 12-04-2009, 10:08 AM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • BrazosJake
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Benbrook, TX.
    • Emerson-built Craftsman

Must....resist....need....drill...press....

The only downer is the 1.4 AH batteries. IDs have a voracious appetite for power and will drain those in a hurry.

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by BrazosJake
      Must....resist....need....drill...press....

The only downer is the 1.4 AH batteries. IDs have a voracious appetite for power and will drain those in a hurry.
      To add a little pressure, I missed the fact that they're offering free s/h!
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• fixedpigs
        Forum Newbie
        • May 2007

i just snagged one...

thanks...!

Comment

• sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

That's a very good deal. If I didn't already have an impact driver I'd snatch that right up.

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by fixedpigs
            i just snagged one...

thanks...!
            Yea! ....now I can finally let go and move on! (congrats!)
            Last edited by Knottscott; 12-04-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Garasaki
              • Sep 2006

I have this one.

I love it. Probably the best tool purchase I ever made. 50 bucks is an amazing steal on it.

As for the batteries, get a matching drill/driver, with 2 batteries, and you'll have 2 batteries and 2 chargers. You can also catch batteries on ebay.

Yes it will go thru batteries quickly, but with a 1 hour quick charger, you do have to be using it for A LOT (thousands) of screws to surpass the battery life (assuming you start with 2 fully charged batteries.
              -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
              -Henry Blake

Comment

• skamath
                Established Member
                • Sep 2006
                • san diego, ca
                • BT3100, 22124

i got one too. i don't really need it right now, but i have been looking for a ID for a long time.

Comment

• prisbylla
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Oct 2008

I spotted this deal about a week ago (shoulda posted it here, sorry) and alerted LOML to it, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting it for Christmas. It's a petty gripe, but ****, that thing's ugly. Looks like something out of a bad science fiction movie.

Comment

• chopnhack
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • Florida
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Man, I really need one bad as well, but for my purposes I need the heavier duty dewalt 18v. too bad its 6x the price new!
                    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Knottscott
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2004
                      • Rochester, NY.
                      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Well, now I've got some explaining to do myself! Too good of a deal to pass on.

prisbylla - I no longer even give the cosmetics a thought, but they sure fit these hands well.

Comment

• toolbelt diva
                        Established Member
                        • Oct 2004
                        • Houston, TX, USA.
                        • Ryobi BT3100-1

I'm getting started in weekend WW and looking for Christmas gifts my LOML can give me. I already have a 9v Makita drill, so do I also need an ID like this one? I'll be doing small to med projects like toy boxes an arbor and if I get good at WW an entertainment center.
                        Rita

Comment

• Knottscott
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2004
                          • Rochester, NY.
                          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by toolbelt diva
                          I'm getting started in weekend WW and looking for Christmas gifts my LOML can give me. I already have a 9v Makita drill, so do I also need an ID like this one? I'll be doing small to med projects like toy boxes an arbor and if I get good at WW an entertainment center.
                          You don't need an ID per se any more than you need any tool, but you're not likely to ever use your drill as a driver once you do. An ID is just really well suited for driving and removing screws. The ID requires much less pressure, and causes much less strip out from spinning. This is an excellent buy on a good amateur level ID. This one happens to have a grip that's slightly smaller than some so it doesn't feel as massive. The little Hitachi WH10DL Li-Ion micro impact driver is even smaller and is very effective for most household and woodworking tasks...not as much power and costs more.

Last edited by Knottscott; 12-05-2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• sweensdv
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2002
                            • WI
                            • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by prisbylla
                            .......... It's a petty gripe, but ****, that thing's ugly. Looks like something out of a bad science fiction movie.
                            Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. When my son's drill/driver died I told him I'd get him a new one and decided on the Hitachi 14.4V. I ordered one and told him it was on the way but it was the ugliest looking drill ever made. When it arrived he actually thought it was cool looking.

Comment

• capncarl
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2007
                              • Leesburg Georgia USA
                              • SawStop CTS

I ordered this one to replace my aging and smoking 14.4 Dewalt ID. It is without any question the best and most used tood I have ever owned and I hope this Hitachi will serve me as well.
                              I have never had shipping this quick. It was ordered at 1 pm friday, with FedEx calling me saturday at 7:30 am to get street instructions for delivery. That beats anything I have ever ordered.
                              This driver seems to drive wood screws better than the aging Dewalt, operates noticeably slower, which seems to cause the driver to stay in the socket better. It appears to require less effort for it to do the same job. It is a keeper.
                              capncarl

Comment

Working...