X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Recon Dremel Multitool, $59

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

had a horrible experience with Buy.com. They descibed a laptop as reconditioned, as they defined below:

A "reconditioned" product can be anything from an unopened item the customer had second thoughts about, to an item that that was missing an accessory, was sent back to the manufacturer where they replaced the missing part, tested and repackaged it.

from this description I was expecting a nearly new return or open box deal. Instead they sent me a computer that was heavily used. And I mean heavily used- some key caps were literally worn out, the wrist rest are was worn past the plastic surface. there were scratches and wear marks galore. this was a computer used day-in and day-out for work for a year or more.

They never did give me satisfaction for this misreperesentation and I would never deal with buy.com again and would recommend no one else would, as well. Our parting agreement with customer service was that I would dis them whenever possible and they were fine with that.

Here's a link to a previous thread on Buy.com:
    This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 12-02-2009, 09:58 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• skamath
      Established Member
      • Sep 2006
      • san diego, ca
      • BT3100, 22124

that is egregious. i would have seriously considered this item, but because of your experience, i won't touch it. you can let them know.

Comment

• tseavoy
        Established Member
        • May 2009
        • Nordland, Marrowstone Island, Washington
        • Older 9 inch Rockwell Delta (1960?)

From the reviews I have read on this site, it seems the HF unit is far better and can be had new for quite a bit less than the Dremel. I make it a habit to not buy from third party dealers except for Amazon.
        I have the HF multifunction tool and have used it quite a bit and I will say it is an extremely good buy.

Tom on Marrowstone

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

FWIW, I was only posting as a respose to the quality of the product being rebuilt for sale already after only being in production for a yr. or less. I too have the HF and have been perfectly satisfied with its performance. A great tool for the money.

Comment

Working...