• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zenaca
    Established Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Idaho

WWent to H.D. for the Black Friday Sale

Went to get one of the 16 gal shop vac's for 20bucs got there about 7 and asked where they were the guy laughed and said it was the first time in 13 years he had seen customers almost come to blows over a sale, they were gone in 4 MINUTES he said !!!! They had 68 of them for the sale.

Bud
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Apparently you were not alone. This didn,t take long .,..http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tls/1483663925.html

Comment

• Photojosh
      Established Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Washington (the state)

Originally posted by Zenaca
      Went to get one of the 16 gal shop vac's for 20bucs got there about 7 and asked where they were the guy laughed and said it was the first time in 13 years he had seen customers almost come to blows over a sale, they were gone in 4 MINUTES he said !!!! They had 68 of them for the sale.

Bud
      Guess I won't bother to stop in there on my way home from the inlaws.

Maybe that 16 gal from Lowes for $30 is still around.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by tommyt654
        Apparently you were not alone. This didn,t take long .,..http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tls/1483663925.html

bought two (for $20 each) at HD on sale.
        Selling the second one for $40.

Not content to get a shop vac for $20 he wants to get his for free...

greedy ba$tard.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Zenaca
          Established Member
          • Nov 2006
          • Idaho

I didnt even think to run down the block from H D to Lowes darn it!

And i thought it would be a couple of days before they showed on craigslist i guess some people are just really greedy.

Oh well i am not going back out into that zoo today!

Bud

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by LCHIEN

greedy ba$tard.
            Good ole American capitalism at its best, just what everyone here likes as I recall

Comment

• Turaj
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
              • BT3000 (1998)

Originally posted by LCHIEN

greedy ba$tard.
              We had similar sale on that shop vac last Friday (although it was going for C$50 - about USD47.50) and this week I saw at least two ads for them asking $85 and - get this one - $125 . Like you said, they don't want it cheap, they want it free. BTW that shop vac sale lasted about 3 or 4 hours but nothing available after lunch
              Turaj (in Toronto)
              "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• phrog
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2005
                • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Turaj
                We had similar sale on that shop vac last Friday (although it was going for C$50 - about USD47.50) and this week I saw at least two ads for them asking $85 and - get this one - $125 . Like you said, they don't want it cheap, they want it free. BTW that shop vac sale lasted about 3 or 4 hours but nothing available after lunch
                So good ol' American capitalism exists north of the border also. Guess it's called good ol' Canadian capitalism up there?
                Richard
                Richard

Comment

• JimDantin
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Prospect, KY
                  • BT3000

The Lowe's website showed that they still had stock on the Werner work platform (for $22). We drove over to pick up one, and found they were actually sold out (not really a surprise). Clerk said price was only for stock on hand, so no raincheck.

Got on the web when we returned home and it let me buy one with store pickup. What the heck -- I gave it a try. Confirming email indicated I could pick it up tomorrow morning at 9am.

A few minutes later my phone rings and it's the local store. She says they have none in stock and asks if I want to cancel the order. Of course not! Don't know exactly when the next shipment will arrive, but I'll get the deal price!

Back to the website to look for other opportunities!

Comment

• tsbrewers
                    Established Member
                    • Mar 2006

almost every craigslist in the country has a bunch for sale right now. Cheapest I have seen is $30, most expensive is $65. My wife grabbed one for me this morning. Pretty much luck that she got one, but she was proud of her story....

She got there about 15 minutes before the store opened, there was already 50 people in line at the store entrance. At about 5 minutes before opening, they unlocked the lumber entrance so she walked in that door and grabbed one from the pile 10 feet from that door. She said pretty much all 50 people that were standing in line at the other door, were in a full sprint towards her as she walked away with one.

Brew

Comment

• iceman61
                      • Oct 2007
                      • West TN
                      • Bosch 4100-09

I snagged one of the Lowes shopvacs up this morning & was in the store for like an hour & they were still bringing them out. I left & came back an 1 1/2 hrs later & they were still rolling the full pallets of shopvacs out.

Later on in the day I went to a larger town 50 miles away & decided I would stop in Lowes there at 6:30pm. They still had shopvacs in stock for customers. You never know until you try. I didn't have time to check out HD.

Comment

• aggrex
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • PA
                        • Ridgid

[QUOTE=JimDantin;438919]The Lowe's website showed that they still had stock on the Werner work platform (for $22). We drove over to pick up one, and found they were actually sold out (not really a surprise). Clerk said price was only for stock on hand, so no raincheck.

Got on the web when we returned home and it let me buy one with store pickup. What the heck -- I gave it a try. Confirming email indicated I could pick it up tomorrow morning at 9amQUOTE]

Got my confirmation for store pick up.....thanks

Comment

• woodturner
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • Western Pennsylvania
                          • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Zenaca
                          I didnt even think to run down the block from H D to Lowes darn it!
                          FWIW, the Lowes shop vac is on sale at that price through Monday, according to the ad. If you can find one in stock or order online for in-store pickup, you should still be able to get it.

The Lowes price is $10 higher, but I am wondering how it compares to the HD Ridgid shop vac. Has anyone compared them?
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• chrisk
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2008
                            • Mankato, MN
                            • Craftsman Professional 21829

Originally posted by woodturner
                            FWIW, the Lowes shop vac is on sale at that price through Monday, according to the ad. If you can find one in stock or order online for in-store pickup, you should still be able to get it.

The Lowes price is $10 higher, but I am wondering how it compares to the HD Ridgid shop vac. Has anyone compared them?
                            I believe the one at Lowes is a 1.25" hose and the Ridgid is a 1 7/8" hose.

Comment

• tommyt654
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2008

Another American Capitalist.,..http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tls/1485029362.html

Comment

Working...