• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Red88chevy
    Established Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Midland, Texas.

FREE wood shelves, lots of them, DFW

I'm posting this at the request of my sister who is a property manager in the TCU area of Fort Worth.

They are getting ready to lease to a new tenant and need to clear out 4 sections of plywood shelves that are about 25ft long each. The shelving units are 6 to 8 feet high and look like big cubbies. Instead of just trashing the shelving units, she would like someone to get to use them. From the pictures I've seen they are in good condition. If I was closer I would take some of them for my garage and use the plywood from the rest of them for Christmas projects. I'll try to post some pictures soon but these need to be picked up this week (Thanksgiving week) as the interior of the unit will be demolished after that.

If interested, contact: Susan Holland
    University Park Village
    sholland@ucrassetservices.com
    817-332-5700
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I'm going thru there but not until the Sunday after Thanksgiving and back on Tuesday. Probably going to have the truck loaded both ways, anyway.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

A little out of my way, especially this time of year... Wish I still knew folks in DFW...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2006
        • Fort Worth area

I might be interested in some. Would probably have to knock them down to get them home. Any idea on how they are put together? Thanks. Pictures may answer my questions when you are able to get them. Jim.

Oh, and after re-reading, I see they need to go this week. Are evenings or Saturday a possibility?
        Last edited by Coolmeadow Creations; 11-23-2009, 07:40 PM. Reason: Added a question

Comment

• BrazosJake
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Benbrook, TX.
          • Emerson-built Craftsman

Originally posted by Coolmeadow Creations
          I might be interested in some. Would probably have to knock them down to get them home. Any idea on how they are put together? Thanks. Pictures may answer my questions when you are able to get them. Jim.

Oh, and after re-reading, I see they need to go this week. Are evenings or Saturday a possibility?
          I can pickup today or tomorrow, but have the same questions as Jim. Are they constructed with knockdown HW? 25x6-8' is HUGE.

I shot her an email, would help if I could see a pic.

Comment

• Red88chevy
            Established Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Midland, Texas.

Sorry haven't responded back sooner, working midnights. Evenings and Saturday should be fine, she's there most of the time. She told me the demo people were "suppose" to start next week, but unsure if they are ontime or running behind. I was suppose to have received some pictures from her but haven't, sorry, so unsure how they are put together, it was a shoe store. She passed through W. TX last weekend and showed me a photo on her cell phone, and they are huge, she guessed about 100 linear feet of sections, so should be plenty for both of you. Each long section is made up of 4 shorter sections, so these may be able to be taken out whole if you wanted to. Jake if you didn't hear from her on email, call the office phone. She probably won't be there Thanksgiving day, I think the shopping center may be closed, but I know she'll be there all day Friday and probably most of Saturday, plus she said she would gladly meet someone there anytime they could make it.

Comment

• cabinetman
              Gone but not Forgotten RIP
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

Quick disassembly tool.

Comment

• Red88chevy
                Established Member
                • Sep 2004
                • Midland, Texas.

I like that cabinetman, I was actually thinking of a Skill saw

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Sep 2006
                  • Fort Worth area

I have to work 7-6 Friday, but could do something Sat. Just curious what kind of tools to bring to take them apart. Is power available to cut things down if need be? I'd be willing to bring a vac or dust pan and broom to clean up. Thanks for any information you can gather! Jim.

Comment

• Red88chevy
                    Established Member
                    • Sep 2004
                    • Midland, Texas.

Electricty should be available. I would bring an extension cord, skil saw, and crowbar just in case. Hopefully this picture will come out.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Sep 2006
                      • Fort Worth area

RED88CHEVY, thanks for the picture. As I emailed your sister a few minutes ago, my weekend just got rearranged, and I'm not going to have the time I thought I would to be able to go pick up any of the plywood. Thanks for the heads up! Wish it had worked out for me. Jim.

Comment

Working...