This offer expires midnight 10-22-09

It's also factory reconditioned.
    Erik

Comment

• master53yoda
      Established Member
      • Oct 2008
      • Spokane Washington
      • bt 3000 2 of them and a shopsmith ( but not for the tablesaw part)

I have 2 of that router, 1 in the router table and 1for independent. use. I have had no problems with power on either. the only draw back I have found is they don't come with a plate to put quide bushings in, I bought the set from HF and modified the main plate and have had no problems.
      Art

If you don't want to know, Don't ask

If I could come back as anyone one in history, It would be the man I could have been and wasn't....

Comment

• herb fellows
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • New York City
        • bt3100

Pardon me for being negative, but ads like these are just one of the reasons why I stopped buying from Peachtree. They don't bother mentioning it's reconditioned until you scroll down the page, just smacks of 'sneaky' to me.
        Also, it's 50% off the price of a NEW router , not a reconditioned one. Ya gotta compare apples and apples, IMHO.
        Last edited by herb fellows; 10-20-2009, 01:30 PM.
        You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

Then don,t buy it Herb, I hate whiners who complain about the littlest things in life like it really matters. If you needed a great router at a helluva good price you would be all over this. Your negativity affects all those around you, So lighten up man. It,s just an add.

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

I do agree a little with Herb. The email I got this morning mentioned nothing about being reconditioned. The recondition part is not hidden on the web ad though. I was thinking it was a great deal until I found out the details. It's still not too bad.
            Erik

Comment

• herb fellows
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • New York City
              • bt3100

Originally posted by tommyt654
              Then don,t buy it Herb, I hate whiners who complain about the littlest things in life like it really matters. If you needed a great router at a helluva good price you would be all over this. Your negativity affects all those around you, So lighten up man. It,s just an add.
              You can hate anyone you want to, just lay off the name calling. If it doesn't matter to you, then go buy it, and ignore my post. Best of luck with it. It might matter to someone else.
              The purpose of my post was to point out that it was a reconditioned tool, which they don't make too clear in the ad. Don't work for them by any chance, do you? I can't imagine your reaction coming from anyone who didn't have a dog in the race.
              As you said so eloquently 'lighten up man'!
              Last edited by herb fellows; 10-21-2009, 12:09 AM.
              You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• sweensdv
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • WI
                • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I also agree with Herb. Not only was it sneaky but you also had to manually click on a link in order to find out that it wasn't a NIB unit. That's double sneaky. Oh and I don't think that Herb was a whiner either. He was just adding some very useful information that tommyt654 didn't, but should have, included in his original post.
                Last edited by sweensdv; 10-21-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Stormbringer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2005
                  • Floral Park, NY
                  • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by sweensdv
                  I also agree with Herb. Not only was it sneaky but you also had to manually click on a link in order to find out that it wasn't a NIB unit. That's double sneaky. Oh and I don't think that Herb was a whiner either. He was just adding some very useful information that tommyt654 didn't, but should have, included in his original post.
                  +1

Perhaps you could add "reconditioned" to your original subject line?
                  Thanks
                  Last edited by Stormbringer; 10-21-2009, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Fussy
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • Berea, Kentucky
                    • Sears Craftsman 9" bench saw from 1972 still works great

Freud

Actually, guys, reconditioned from a reputable source is not a bad thing. I've bought recon Bosch routers and sanders from CPO and been happy as a clam. I got factory warranty, cases, all accessories, and an as new bunch of tools. The only thing different was they branded "Reconditioned" on each one to keep someone from trying to return them to a big box as a "new" gift
                    and pocketing a hunk of change.

Just look carefully and trust whomever you're buying from.

Steve
                    Steve

Comment

• prisbylla
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Oct 2008

What is CPO? I've sen it mentioned as a source of reconditioned tools but haven't found out where they are, web-wise.

Mike

Comment

• affyx
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Oct 2007
                        • Mechanicsburg, PA
                        • BT3000 (sold), ShopSmith (bought then sold), BT3100 (just bought on CL)

I buy a lot of refurbed products and have only been burned once (a compaq laptop with an intermittant keyboard issue that I fixed with a replacement kybd from eBay) -- had good luck with another laptop, an iPod, a gps and a bunch of other stuff.

I wonder about this sale though; woodcraft was selling the 3.25 hp Freud plunge router for $99 and then $79 a few months ago. Why would a 2.25 hp refurb be worth more?

I have no experience with either, just an observation.
                        JC

LumberJocks: http://lumberjocks.com/affyx

"I lost my little saw and now I can't cope."

Comment

• tommyt654
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008

O.K. Sorry Herb, It just seems as though everytime I post what looks to be a good deal, Someone hear complains. Maybe its just me but like I said you do not have to buy it. It clearly states in the add that it is reconditioned in bright red lettering. Peachtree has some great deals and I buy from them all the time cause they are local to my area and have never had a problem witht them. Perhaps your experiences were different, but none the less it was mearly a suggestion for those who might want to get a good deal on a router that has the adjustability from above the table at that price its a great deal, Tommy

Comment

• Knottscott
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2004
                            • Rochester, NY.
                            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by affyx
                            I buy a lot of refurbed products and have only been burned once (a compaq laptop with an intermittant keyboard issue that I fixed with a replacement kybd from eBay) -- had good luck with another laptop, an iPod, a gps and a bunch of other stuff.

I wonder about this sale though; woodcraft was selling the 3.25 hp Freud plunge router for $99 and then $79 a few months ago. Why would a 2.25 hp refurb be worth more?

I have no experience with either, just an observation.
                            The 3.25hp router (FT2200) that was on sale was their older model with no above table features. The FT1700 and FT3000 are more recent models with advanced above table features....$120 isn't the best price I've seen on it, but as a table router, $120 is still a very nice deal on a great table router.
                            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• tommyt654
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2008

Here,s a link to CPO for Mike.,..http://www.cpowoodworking.com/

Comment

Working...