• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanguard
    Established Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Brighton, MI, USA.
    • Ridgid TS2400SL

Nothing to add regarding the dust collectors, but 20% HF coupons are now appearing in JP (Jeep Magazine as well) unlike the web coupons and those on the flyers, the magazine coupons have a much longer ~3 month expiration date on them.

Comment

• will325i
      Handtools only
      • Mar 2005

HF ad in Wood mag online.
      http://woodmagazine.coverleaf.com/wo.../200909/?pg=83

Comment

• jkristia
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006
        • Simi Valley, CA

I just received my issue of Wood and saw this add. $140 does seem like a good price, and I guess the 5 micron bag is better than having no dust collection at all (which is what I have now). Is it possible to buy better bags from somewhere ?
        The offer is good until 12/25/09

Jesper

Comment

• thrytis
          • May 2004
          • Concord, NC, USA.
          • Delta Unisaw

Originally posted by jkristia
          I just received my issue of Wood and saw this add. $140 does seem like a good price, and I guess the 5 micron bag is better than having no dust collection at all (which is what I have now). Is it possible to buy better bags from somewhere ?

Jesper
          Yes, you can get replacement bags a lot of places. You just need to find the diameter you need. A more common upgrade (and generally better) is to go to a cartridge filter like the one at Wynn Environmental.
          Eric

Comment

• stormdog74
            Established Member
            • Mar 2007
            • Sacramento, CA
            • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by jkristia

Jesper
            Yes, get a canister filter - I have this one and it fits the HF perfectly. Also, PM Loring about his neutral vane.

http://grizzly.com/products/Extra-Ca...48-G0562/H5783

Comment

• Garasaki
              • Sep 2006

And the bag diameter that fits the HFDC is a common diameter with products from Jet, Penn State, Grizzley, etc, so you can order any number of replacement bags if you were to choose to do so.

Hard to make a compelling arguement to NOT get a cannister though (although I snagged some felt bags from ebay for mine)
              -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
              -Henry Blake

Comment

• master53yoda
                Established Member
                • Oct 2008
                • Spokane Washington
                • bt 3000 2 of them and a shopsmith ( but not for the tablesaw part)

2 hp dust collector for 139.99

The add is on page 27 of the march issue/ it also has a 20% off coupon.
                Art

If you don't want to know, Don't ask

If I could come back as anyone one in history, It would be the man I could have been and wasn't....

Comment

Working...