• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Central Machinery 97869 2 HP Dust Collector $189.99

Just got the new HF flyer, and they have the 2 HP 5 micron dust collector on sale for $189.99. A 20% off coupon should be forthcoming Friday I am assuming...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The 20% off coupon is here!

The item is shown on the current flyer, Page 4.

With the 20% off coupon, that comes to $152.00 so if you need a DC this would be a good time to do it.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jgrobler
      Established Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Salinas, CA, USA.
      • TS3650

The flyer still says it's a 30 micron filtration, where do you see 5 micron? Timing is good for me, specially since I lucked out in the recent Lowes Delta sale, but I don't want to 30 microns. (Read too much bad press about that here)

Thanks,
      Johan

Comment

• JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

Looking it up on the web site, P/N 97869 shows it's a 5 micron bag.
        http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search
        JR

Comment

• Bushmaster
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2007
          • Bellevue, Nebraska
          • Older Craftsman

Got it for $143.00

Thanks for the post. A buddy and I have been looking for awhile. We went to HF and they had sale tags for $179 and $189. We asked what the difference was, and they said they were changing SKU's. So, we got it for $179 and with the 20% off it came to $143. I consider that a bargain Does anyone know where to get a good supply kit for it? I am looking for something with both 4" and ?2 1/2? hose, with adapters. I am also looking at running some PVC in my garage with several ports for this thing. Any suggestions would be great.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

You are going to have to piece the additional plumbing together. I have had the best success with Peachtree Woodworking hoses, and then fittings / blast gates from Lee Valley. Mind you, I have never used the hose from Lee Valley so I cannot comment on it.

I am concerned about the changing SKUs thing. Did the one you got have SKU #97869 or was it SKU #45378? The SKU #45378 was the 30 micron filter bag model and has fabric bags upper and lower, the 97869 has a fabric 5 micron bag upper, and a clear plastic bag lower.

Either way, an upgrade to at the VERY least a 1 micron filter bag upper and clear plastic lower is in order, but MUCH better would be a 1 micron or better cartridge filter conversion. (The most common is the Wynn 35A, but some folks use cartridges from Grizzly etc...).
            Last edited by dbhost; 07-25-2009, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• JR
              The Full Monte
              • Feb 2004
              • Eugene, OR
              • BT3000

Originally posted by Bushmaster
              Does anyone know where to get a good supply kit for it? I am looking for something with both 4" and ?2 1/2? hose, with adapters. I am also looking at running some PVC in my garage with several ports for this thing. Any suggestions would be great.
              HF has an accessory kit with two 10' sections of flex hose, a number of blast gates and fittings, for about $50. You might see it on sale for $40 some times.

The topice of plumbing these things has been discused quite a few times. You might do a forum search to get up to speed then perhaps start a thread to deal with your specific questions.

JR
              JR

Comment

• tg3
                Forum Newbie
                • Oct 2004
                • Seattle, WA.
                • Grizzly G0444Z

Originally posted by dbhost
                Either way, an upgrade to at the VERY least a 1 micron filter bag upper and clear plastic lower is in order, but MUCH better would be a 1 micron or better cartridge filter conversion. (The most common is the Wynn 35A, but some folks use cartridges from Grizzly etc...).
                Add my +1 to that.
                If you don't measure, you don't know.

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

I took a look at my physical flyer that came from Harbor Freight last night. It lists BOTH the old SKU # (The 30 micron model) AND the new SKU #97869.

Comment

Working...