• Show
Clear All
  • chrisk
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2008
    • Mankato, MN
    • Craftsman Professional 21829

Space Heaters

The local Lowes is closing out their space heating (propane, kerosene, electric.) All are at least 50% off. I picked up one of these for $25! They had 10k btu kerosene heaters for $13. Its a good time to pick up some shop heating.

I noticed that Home Depot was also 50% off.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I don't know, the switchable 70K / 100K BTU options there might be pretty good to heat up the sun... I am guessing you are trying to heat up a large uninsulated space...

I've got one of these and it works fine to heat my 2 car garage on the low 4K BTU setting... Of course I am in Texas where it doesn't get nearly as cold as minnesota, but I have had several evenings where it was in the mid 20s outside, and I was able to heat up my shop to the mid 60s in less than 10 minutes with this heater on high...

Guess it depends on your needs....
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• KC7CN
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2007
      • Deltona, Florida
      • PowerMatic 64A

Originally posted by dbhost
      I don't know, the switchable 70K / 100K BTU options there might be pretty good to heat up the sun... I am guessing you are trying to heat up a large uninsulated space...

I've got one of these and it works fine to heat my 2 car garage on the low 4K BTU setting... Of course I am in Texas where it doesn't get nearly as cold as minnesota, but I have had several evenings where it was in the mid 20s outside, and I was able to heat up my shop to the mid 60s in less than 10 minutes with this heater on high...

Guess it depends on your needs....
      Your link doesn't seem to work! "these" sends me here: http://www.http.com//www.mrheater.co...?catid=41&id=2

-Don

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • SoCal, USA
        • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

Originally posted by chrisk
        The local Lowes is closing out their space heating (propane, kerosene, electric.) All are at least 50% off. I picked up one of these for $25! They had 10k btu kerosene heaters for $13. Its a good time to pick up some shop heating.

I noticed that Home Depot was also 50% off.

$99 here which is 50% off. How did you pay only $25?
        Andrew

Comment

• chrisk
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2008
          • Mankato, MN
          • Craftsman Professional 21829

Originally posted by Andrew Benedetto
          $99 here which is 50% off. How did you pay only $25?

That's what they were marked. There were 7 or 8 of them stacked up in the aisle. They were all gone within 20mins. I can send a receipt tomorrow, if anyone would like one.

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

Yes please send me a copy, Thanks, Tommyt654

Comment

Working...