• Show
Clear All
  • Rich P
    Established Member
    • Apr 2003
    • Foresthill, CA, USA.
    • Powermatic 66 (1966 vintage)

HF Link Belt

Normally $24.99 on the web site but if you select "Order From Printed Catalog" and enter the SKU 43771-0RBH the price is $19.99. Think this price is good thru sometime in November. Not a big savings but it's better than nothing.

I have seen a thread somewhere that these HF green belts (Accu-Link) are almost as good as the red ones (Power Twist) and HF gives you 5 feet for $20 versus 4 feet for $30 at Woodcraft.
    Don't ever ask a barber if you need a haircut.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I went the HF route and found out that the belt was too big for my drill press. It would not fit in the grooves of the pulleys, so I ended up ordering a red one (3/8) from Grizzly. It was more expensive for sure but cheaper 7 years ago than now. However the HF was the most expensive because I ordered it and couldn't use it. Returning it would have cost as much as the belt.

The HF is a good belt if it correctly fits the pulleys that are being used.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Rich P
      Established Member
      • Apr 2003
      • Foresthill, CA, USA.
      • Powermatic 66 (1966 vintage)

I believe the HF one meets the "A" spec (1/2 w x 3/8 d). Will work OK on my Rockwell 14/11 lathe. The 3/8" width is a "3V" from what I understand.
      Don't ever ask a barber if you need a haircut.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

You need to know what V belt you are replacing with a link belt, and purchase the right one... Belts come in a variety of sizes... The one from HF lists as 1/2" W x 3/8" D, at least on their web site...

A pretty good upgrade for my HF bandsaw, or a wide range of table saws...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...